Looking for 1981 or 1982+ BJ41/42/44/46 Wiring Diagram for JDM trucks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BreckenridgeCruiser

I break things.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
teqtach.com
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for BJ41/42/44/46 (maybe 45/47 as well)?

I have a Canadian diagram, but there are enough changes that are substantial enough that I would love to have the correct one for my 1981/1982 BJ44.

Some thing to note that are different or interesting:
  • Rotatiing hazard switch that turn on convoy lights and unique flasher relay
  • Vacuum Front Drive System
  • Intermittent Wiper System
  • Dash Clock in removable panel (1982+ in JDMs)
  • Different turn signal behavior than NA trucks
  • A/C wiring (would be nice to see!
Any info or diagrams you all have would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

I may have what you are looking for. PM me your email and I’ll take pics for you to look at. I have a few different books, so I’m not sure if it is what you need or not.

Sorry, I may have spoken too soon. All of the ones I have are for August 1980-September 1982 models. If you are looking for the later model version, I don’t have it.

@Wes... Again you save my a$$! That would probably be closer that what I have. I'll pm you my email address now!

For clarity... I have an odd rig. Build date of Feb/March of 1981 which makes it a 1981 MY truck, but it has a lot of factory stuff that was only offered in the 1982 MY rigs. My thought was that this was a demo truck that doesn't quite fit any MY designation. For example, my rig has the removable dash plate, the step plate for passenger entry into the back, and an oddly welded in jack pocket like the 1982+ rigs. it also came with all of the electronics of the 1982+ like superglow, two wire interior light with courtesy switches in the a pillar, and the convoy lighting listed above.

Thanks again for any info anyone has!

Thanks to @Wes for an 8/80 diagram with the convoy lighting circuits I needed. I will be translating the Japanese and making a PDF of his high quality images later this week.

Now does anyone have BJ42 SuperGlow diagram for the 1982+?

Hi, I have a 1981 BJ44 June build and am looking to try and add a 4 pin trailer connector. Do you have any info that can point me in the right director for adding? Do I need a JDM import adapter?

Thanks for the advice.

Ride Guy

Is your trailer 24v? If not, you need to do quite a bit to get a safe 12v source, then you'll need 4 24v relays (one for each signal - lights, brake, left turn and right turn) and then those signals will need to go to a trailer adapter to go to 4 pin.

I had the idea last night to see if anyone makes led lights that can handle 12 and 24 volt so that I can use my trailer with any of my trucks without having to swap out bulbs.

I was going to switch out the bulbs with 24v capable LEDs. I'm just trying to determine how to splice in the 4 pin connector. Thanks.

Cool... Just checking. For mine I did a true NASA splice with a two to one setup so that I had the original harness running as should be and the extra wires going to a waterproof plug where I wired in a trailer converter. I can't remember if I needed a 24v specific one, but it was easy to wire inline. You will need the converter or the brake and turns won't work correctly.

I stand corrected... It looks like I did the two to one into a weatherpak plug that continued the original harness and then send signal to the controller.

Not sure these pictures help or not

PXL_20211219_201848593.jpg

PXL_20211219_201859179.jpg

Hmmm, thanks but I'm not 100% what I'm looking at although I have the same round connector. What did you splice in and what connects to a trailer wiring connector?

BJ44 wiring.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom