looking @ buying a 85 hj60 in AU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Coming from Calgary it must seem pretty tight there. Alberta has the most lax vehicle safety, they don't ever ask for an inspection for any age of vehicle unless it is from out of province.

Same in WA .Some cars are 50+years old and havent been inspected since they were new.:D
Every now and then the cops have a blitz and start checking car tyres while your stopped at the lights. Once they find something they keep looking:frown:

the thing is, what wouldnt pass here would easily in canada. So im sure a guy could pick up a vehicle that wouldnt quite pass for some minor reason for cheap and then import to canada. For example the one i was looking at, or there is a mint looking BJ40 with a bad engine for $1500 in brisbane, im sure a guy could pull a 3B out of something else around here for 1K or less. And a good condition BJ40 gets a pretty good buck in north america.

I might go to Brisbane to get something, but ill have to get the owner to get the certificate of roadworthiness before i agree to anything.

And from what the mechanic here told me the owner is required to get this if it is registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom