Looking at this 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was briefly looking at land cruisers, but was also looking at sequoias. I saw this today, and I was wondering since it looks like it hasn’t moved in a bit, what kind of common gremlins plague this particular vehicle? If I was able to get the vehicle for $1000 and sunk $7000 into it, do you think I can make it into a daily driver? Or do you think that it would require more funds?

F5A41720-C7EA-4FE0-B86B-8ABE2A60DC58.jpeg

4098509D-D477-41B9-8D67-AD6499EC6C64.jpeg

Usually you want to battle, interior, exterior, or engine, but not all 3 at the same time.

It’s a “you told us nothing about the car and there’s 4360 pages of information covering everything you could ever want to know about a 80 series”.

I’m usually not a “just do a search” guy, but you didn’t make much effort on this one. Peruse the tech/classifieds for a bit and you’ll answer your own question and learn a ton more than what you’ll get out of a single thread.

And to partially answer your question: yes it’s worth at least $1000

Good luck brother

It’s a “you told us nothing about the car and there’s 4360 pages of information covering everything you could ever want to know about a 80 series”.

I’m usually not a “just do a search” guy, but you didn’t make much effort on this one. Peruse the tech/classifieds for a bit and you’ll answer your own question and learn a ton more than what you’ll get out of a single thread.

And to partially answer your question: yes it’s worth at least $1000

Good luck brother
You’re right. My bad

Alright, help us out:
Year
Mileage
Rust
Does it have F/R lockers (looks for a dial to the left of the steering wheel)
Any known issues you could visibly see besides paint?

The color is moonglow, which makes it a 95-97 FZJ so it’s gonna be a tad more valuable than earlier models.

Let us know.

Alright, help us out:
Year
Mileage
Rust
Does it have F/R lockers (looks for a dial to the left of the steering wheel)
Any known issues you could visibly see besides paint?

The color is moonglow, which makes it a 95-97 FZJ so it’s gonna be a tad more valuable than earlier models.

Let us know.
I will find out more tomorrow, but I do know it either has 117 or 217,000 miles. I couldn’t really tell from the way the odometer is in relation to looking from the driver side window. I know it is an automatic, and it has four-wheel-drive.

look over the FAQ's first.

If the body panels are straight and rust free it’s worth $1000 in body parts at least, I’d snatch it up if you have the room to store it for a prolonged period.

If the body panels are straight and rust free it’s worth $1000 in body parts at least, I’d snatch it up if you have the room to store it for a prolonged period.
I’m really looking for a cool daily driver, that can hold 3 car seats.

Reason I say that, unless wrenching is your hobby, and you have about 5-10 hours a week and a few thousand minimum to throw at it, that’s prob not the vehicle you want to dependably haul the kiddos around in. Not saying they aren’t dependable, it’ll prob run another 20 years, but it’s a 20 year old vehicle and there will constantly be something minor to repair or replace. Something as simple as a window slide being gunked up causing a window to get stuck could result in some cold kids or some soaked seats if it’s raining. Also the A/C in these aren’t famous for making you wear a sweater in the summer. From what i can tell, a perfectly tuned A/C still requires the interior to be retrofitted with some new sound deadner and some new technology insulation, (not necessary, but it’ll help keep 3 kids warm/cool).
Anyways sorry for rambling. Not many people mention the small things like that, it just comes with a lot of digging or personal experience.

Reason I say that, unless wrenching is your hobby, and you have about 5-10 hours a week and a few thousand minimum to throw at it, that’s prob not the vehicle you want to dependably haul the kiddos around in. Not saying they aren’t dependable, it’ll prob run another 20 years, but it’s a 20 year old vehicle and there will constantly be something minor to repair or replace. Something as simple as a window slide being gunked up causing a window to get stuck could result in some cold kids or some soaked seats if it’s raining. Also the A/C in these aren’t famous for making you wear a sweater in the summer. From what i can tell, a perfectly tuned A/C still requires the interior to be retrofitted with some new sound deadner and some new technology insulation, (not necessary, but it’ll help keep 3 kids warm/cool).
Anyways sorry for rambling. Not many people mention the small things like that, it just comes with a lot of digging or personal experience.
I appreciate the input.
I’m just trying to think outside the box. My Element is great, older and spartan. Unfortunately, it can’t hold 3 car seats. Plus, I want something bigger.

I don’t like new cars, as they have crap like push button start.

I will call tomorrow, just to get more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom