Looking at Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mounted WKOR sliders on the 80, fit and finish is top notch and they are a great looking product. Don’t see myself wheeling the 100 hard so sliders haven’t risen to the top of the list yet, but I wouldn’t hesitate to go WKOR.

I watched this a little bit ago, interesting if for no other reason than watching them up the drops....

Very interesting watch. The sliders are stronger than the frame LOL.

What is ur rational for sliders other than step?

Other than pivot point (think rock crawling) & jacking, these are mighty expensive/heavy steps. Ask me how I know (wk makes an awsome one).

See latest 4xoffroad YouTube for one of the most respected pro's opinion:

I would go back to factory but have already invested $/time/brain bandwidth...doh

I think many of the aftermarket sliders are great for rock crawling and really bashing them, but in accordance with ASPW, we each have to consider our own usage and build accordingly.

Don't just put it on so you can say the name when someone asks.

I want something that can save my rockers in the unlikely event that I ever get next to or underneath something big enough to damage them. I don't rock crawl and do mostly touring with an occasional bumpy section. What I had welded on was admittedly too heavy duty and I have to pay a weight penalty for that. They'll get revised one day and I'll make them bolt on at the same time, too.

One thing to remember is that 4Runner is not as heavy as the 100 series.
I can't see myself ever dropping off something large, few inches to half a foot at most? My main reason for installing sliders is side/rocker protection, kickout in the rear will help kids climb in, and some protection in case I ever hang up on a rock. I will not be doing anything too crazy with the family truckster far from home, that's for sure.

Too many close encounters sliding in mud on thin narrow trails with rocks and roots sticking out everywhere. After-all, this is the PNW. it rains a lot here and I am not staying indoors just because of some rain lol.

No thread that I’m aware of. Marlin Crawler sliders + scab plates from Trail Gear’s slider Mount kit + u-bolts from Bolt Depot = $450 bolt-on sliders.

Wonder how hard bolt on would be with AHC in place? I haven't looked around down there too much yet, but I had planned to build some sliders and weld them on. If I could make a u'bolt around the frame work with my AHC I may go that route. It will make the fab up take longer but I have plenty of 1/4" plate laying around

White knuckle makes a awesome slider, strong as hell and 3 mounting points.
48A9E61B-3DC6-4320-A5FF-0F95A5AD312A.jpeg

White Knuckle Off Road easily gets my vote. Not the cheapest, but they make an awesome step, and a fantastic slider. Super stout and well builr

Another vote for the White Knuckle Sliders, I did the full diamond plate and the flat angle. The wife and kid approve, makes a great step and they are stout as all get out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom