Looking at Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone! It's time for sliders. I've been looking through some members pictures in the gallery and feel like i've narrowed done my options to Metal Tech and Trail Tailor. Both these options with shipping come in around $850.

I'd like to get members feedbacks if possible. I'm just looking for sliders, I don't want or need grooves that act like steps. Honestly i'd be happy with just a solid straight heavy duty pipe under there which is why i'm leaning towards Trail Tailor.

See below for what I mean by straight:
Metal Tech
Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 2.49.40 PM.png

Trail Tailor
Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 2.50.26 PM.png

Is there anything else out there that achieves just a nice straight, flush fit that I haven't considered?

Thanks!

What about that straight pipe budget slider option that always comes up, someone help me out with the link on these

Marlin Crawler 70” = $330

Thanks all. Definitely want to stick with a bolt-on application.

No thread that I’m aware of. Marlin Crawler sliders + scab plates from Trail Gear’s slider Mount kit + u-bolts from Bolt Depot = $450 bolt-on sliders.
I'm guessing welding will be required?

It seems you might be going down a different path now, with the marlin crawler brand. But if we’re deciding between the two mentioned I’d go trail tailor. He’s a MUD vendor, supports the community, and 3 mounts are stronger than two. Although, metal techs could be had sooner than trail tailor (I think metal techs are ready to ship vs built to order like TT) I am going with White Knuckle myself, which is also a 3 mount slider. Just the thoughts off the top of my head. Best of luck!

Depending on where you are in Oregon you could always go visit Jason (@TRAIL TAILOR ) in Redding, CA and pick them up, possibly install them, there. I would go with his over anything else due to proximity if I didn't already have m WKOR sliders.

This one?
Nice, I've been wanting sliders due to complaints from the peanut gallery ever since I removed my running boards. I just ordered the 70", they're having a 10% off sale right now, looks like it's through tomorrow! Also currently they're doing: 50% Off Ground Shipping on Web Orders over $416! (details)

It seems you might be going down a different path now, with the marlin crawler brand. But if we’re deciding between the two mentioned I’d go trail tailor. He’s a MUD vendor, supports the community, and 3 mounts are stronger than two. Although, metal techs could be had sooner than trail tailor (I think metal techs are ready to ship vs built to order like TT) I am going with White Knuckle myself, which is also a 3 mount slider. Just the thoughts off the top of my head. Best of luck.
I've ordered from Jason before and had a great experience so i'd love to continue bringing him business. That's also a great point you made about his having the 3 mounts. These are definitely going to be smashed on. I'm in no rush at the moment, so 3-4 weeks lead-time (per his e-mail this morning) is not a big deal to me.

Depending on where you are in Oregon you could always go visit Jason (@TRAIL TAILOR ) in Redding, CA and pick them up, possibly install them, there. I would go with his over anything else due to proximity if I didn't already have m WKOR sliders.
That would be an awesome road trip but at the end of the day i'd rather spend the $110-$130 on freight as apposed to the $900 fuel expense in the Land Cruiser LOL (jk), I have other vehicles for on-pavement road trips.

Hey Everyone! It's time for sliders. I've been looking through some members pictures in the gallery and feel like i've narrowed done my options to Metal Tech and Trail Tailor. Both these options with shipping come in around $850.

I'd like to get members feedbacks if possible. I'm just looking for sliders, I don't want or need grooves that act like steps. Honestly i'd be happy with just a solid straight heavy duty pipe under there which is why i'm leaning towards Trail Tailor.

See below for what I mean by straight:
Metal Tech
View attachment 2542347

Trail Tailor
View attachment 2542348

Is there anything else out there that achieves just a nice straight, flush fit that I haven't considered?

Thanks!

I’ve got Metaltech OPOR sliders on my DD 06 LX.

We’ve got Slee (non-step) sliders on my son’s 00 LC.

I’ve got Trail Tailor sliders on our old beater 99 LX.

All three are functional, and do their job, but I would rank my personal preference as:
Trail Tailor
Slee
Metaltech OPOR

Aesthetically, the visible welds on the Metaltech OPOR sliders are much less pleasing to my eye.

I have no personal experience with the WKOR sliders that seem very popular here.

I would pay the premium for the NLA, old school, Metaltech sliders, if they were to be made available again.

Boy, tough choose - lots good out nowdays.

I know I like the Slee for tight tuck, and Trail Tailor would be my other personal dog in the fight if I ever had a 100.

I’ve owned Slee Step, Slee tube, Hanna Quality (NLA) - all for the 80 & have Slee / Devolro (same design) on the Tundra.

The rear kickouts on certain brainds are great if you have kids / dogs jumping in the back seat - so that would be a consideration if you fall in that crowd.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom