Looking at my first 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

purchased a 100 a few years ago and now looking at an 80. That one has a little more rust than I prefer so I wanted opinions on 80s and my reality for rust, here on the east coast in md.

Thanks for your opinions.

Gary

FFB2FDCF-73C2-4307-8CEE-5D4CEE8FA0F5.png

8DECC22D-C4D6-422C-9EAC-88352EE35533.png

50E1F9F0-D439-4EBF-A9B5-0AA6080CDF90.png

FC0E7364-B21F-45B0-8FEC-A0781E7DDF48.png

755204CE-82AA-48D6-8283-198613CB1F1C.jpeg

Honestly, the rust on the fasteners in the engine compartment is more surprising than the rust underneath. For the east coast, I don't see anything that would make me run away underneath it. But the engine compartment almost makes me wonder if there's more to this picture that I can't see... it's really crustier than expected. Maybe the rust is from the humidity and not from salted roads as much? Do you have any better lit, more detailed pictures?

I do not have better pictures at this time. That Engine crust may be due to the salty air nearby it’s location and I also thought was a little weird. Im going to try to see it in person. Everything underneath does look like just surface rust I’m just unfamiliar with the weaker rust points on these vehicles.
Thank you for that input.

The underside doesn't look too surprising. Mine came from Virginia and doesn't have quite that much underneath but I did find a hole in the passenger side front floor area when I pulled the carpet. Mine had/has a little surface rust under the hood but it was leaking oil everywhere so it self-medicated LOL. If it's really close to the beach and isn't leaking everywhere I think it'd make more sense to see what we see there. Also, charge your phone. :rofl:

Seems like standard fare. The place to look for rust problem is at the back where salt gets sprayed and trap. My salty 80 is solid front of the rear tires but the back, rear axle... ugghh.. Easily lost a few pounds there!

Seems like standard fare. The place to look for rust problem is at the back where salt gets sprayed and trap. My salty 80 is solid front of the rear tires but the back, rear axle... ugghh.. Easily lost a few pounds there!
Yep forgot about that on mine. Had to patch the bottoms back there and close up the new floor vents LOL.

All the input is appreciated.

This is a cloth interior and 3x. Any idea on value with “this look”. I don’t want to show more pics and at this time. I think the exterior is devoid of some shine though hard for me to tell At the moment.

gary

In my opinion $4k-$6k if everything works and it's reasonable on the miles. I'm by no means an expert. Figure a grand or two in baselining after purchase just so you know it's solid and the inevitable "while I'm in there" expenses that come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom