looking at an 80's diesel fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I am looking at an 80's fj60 and was wondering what these things roughly are worth. It looks to have the ususal rust in the ususal places and have way too small tires and wheels, but what are the other things to look at? It has less than 200 thousand kilometers on it as well so, that may be a factor. I have a 4runner but am unfamiliar with these trucks, other than by reputation. Looking for any and all opinions.

So it turns out that the truck is an 83 with the 3b and a five speed manual. Very rusty underneath. I'm located in Ontario so it has seen 23 winters of salt, etc. The engin only has 135,000 kilometers on it though. So i'll try an offer and see what happens i guess. Anyone interested in the engine and tranny\transfer?

I would only buy a truck that old that has been in the rust belt for the drivetrain. The rest is not worth keeping in all likelyhood.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly on the rust making the rest of the vehicle worth little. I may try to pick it up for the engine tranny/transfer and may look at transplanting it into my 4runner, or just put it up for sale here.

newpig said:
My thoughts exactly on the rust making the rest of the vehicle worth little. I may try to pick it up for the engine tranny/transfer and may look at transplanting it into my 4runner, or just put it up for sale here.

That's right, try to make a quick buck on us Cruiser fanatics :)

I sold my 85 BJ60 with 484K km's on it this past summer for $3,200 US. It was a great driving rig and was rusty. Not beyond repair but rusty. The guy that I sold it to, is restoring it. He is a better man than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom