Looking at a '84 SR5. Any opinions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd love to see some pictures of that one... just for inspiration. :popcorn:

http://bringatrailer.com/2012/08/29/6400-mile-1983-toyota-4x4-sr5-pick-up/

None of the comments on there are mine and the original bid raiser was apparently a putz that welched out when it came time to actually buy. The truck was listed again shortly after and I bought it at his BIN level although I don't recall exactly what that was off the top of my head.

Even as a time capsule though it still needed new suspension and that led to some other stuff and I tossed a set of 33's that I had laying around the garage on just to fill the wheel wells as the OME springs give a couple extra inches of height. Diff's will be swapped within a month or so. Beautiful little strippy and I don't care about fancy stereos or electric windows, etc. so it's just right for me. Less stuff to go wrong.

I'm inclined to wait and watch quite a bit though as impatience can cost thousands upon thousands more than I expect when I eventually pull the trigger.

Good luck.

I'm in love !

Man-o-man-o-man, I remember seeing your actual truck on on BaT too. It was one of the triggers to launch the search party so to say. Amazing. Absolutely beautiful truck. One of these is exactly what I am looking for. A basic -no frills- work horse.

You are right. I will need to be patient. I was blinded by the light.
I am going to walk away from the '84 truck. It is not what I want.

And it's not only the 12k he is asking. Because that is only the start. I don't want to be spending even more money on something I don't want. After all, I have to undo stupid modification and that is probably just the beginning.
It makes no sense. Thanks for putting me straight.

On another note, I managed to track down this '77 one.
It is located in Michigan and he is asking just over 5k for it.
I will have to import it but MI is not impossibly far for where I live.

Thanks!

...and for a guy w/ a name like ΔT I'm guessing that time is something you're prepared for! Bear in mind that Toyota gave away approx 200 of these little stripy 4x's to SAR groups around North America in and around 1983. That's the way I understand it anyway. They're generally not used much as they're strippies for one and for another; people just aren't lost often enough for the miles to rack up on 'em.

Good luck finding one but know there are more than a handful of needles in that haystack. BTW, nice '77!

I'm in love !

Man-o-man-o-man, I remember seeing your actual truck on on BaT too. It was one of the triggers to launch the search party so to say. Amazing. Absolutely beautiful truck. One of these is exactly what I am looking for. A basic -no frills- work horse.

You are right. I will need to be patient. I was blinded by the light.
I am going to walk away from the '84 truck. It is not what I want.

And it's not only the 12k he is asking. Because that is only the start. I don't want to be spending even more money on something I don't want. After all, I have to undo stupid modification and that is probably just the beginning.
It makes no sense. Thanks for putting me straight.

On another note, I managed to track down this '77 one.
It is located in Michigan and he is asking just over 5k for it.
I will have to import it but MI is not impossibly far for where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom