Looking at '91 Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new on the board, as I'm thinking about buying a '91 Cruiser with 237,000 miles on it. The current owner brought it up to Montana from Florida and it has a lot of highway miles and he is currently retired, so I doubt that he abused it too much. I talked to his mechanic, who I've known for a while, and he told me that he put in a new radiator and hoses, speedo gear housing, tensioner bearing for the power steering, steering knuckles, rotors and pads, transfer case seal, and a few other things that added up to $1,700. He didn't install, but also needs a rear main seal and an oil pan gasket, and probably new shocks (and new suspension to make it fun). The guy wants about $7000, but I might offer him $4500, but that depends on how much I can trust the engine with that many miles on it. Would any of you ever think about buying a truck with that many miles? Should I make the offer? My other truck is in Guatemala and so I need another used a four wheel drive to get around here while I'm home. Thanks a lot for the input.
-Samuel

Sounds a bit steep to me. I gave 4300 for my 91 with 138,000 miles on it, and it was (is) in real good shape.

For 7k you could find a newer cruiser. The 91' isn't worth 7,000 speacially if it's stock.

Yep for that go newer and look for lockers.
Cheers,
Sean

hmmm, $7K huh? I know where you could find a 91 for sale at $7K :grinpimp:
|
|
|
|
\/

Guys! He's in Montana. Land Cruisers don't grown on trees there and they stll command a premium. 7k is really high for a 91 even there. But he won't be finding much of a selection of newer ones for 7k. In Boise, Idaho there is a 93 with 198k on it for 9k right now. It has lockers. White w/ grey leather. Is it overpriced maybe? But I bet it will sell. Another thing is where we are at we don't have rust at all. Zippo. From what I've seen Texas has the best 80s at the best prices. The national markets do not always reflect the local markets. And to be honest, for a lot of folks paying more for the Cruiser locally is a lot better deal than flying half way across the country to find a innaccurately described Cruiser to drive home some 1000 plus miles. Airfare and fuel costs money too.

My old 91 had similar miles and it wouldn't scare me at all. But I also know of folks that have blown motors up at 40k. Any car that isn't under warranty is a gambol.

I've got a 91 that has 156000 miles, body is a little rough but interior is nice, runs great, everything works. and I'll sell it to you for 4000. I'll deliver it to your door. For the 3000 dollar difference you can lift it, install lockers and paint it and still have 80000 fewer miles. Let me know.

saw an 83 in the paper for $3k today :D

was a 97 and 00 in the paper not long ago, no price though on the 97, think they were looking for 22 or so for the 00.

last year there was a 91 in a lot for 7k, not sure what they got for it but it eventually left.

if you can get it for 4500, go for it

It's a nice drive from Ca to Montana, I make the drive at least once a year. Pickup a cruiser for cheap in Northern CA and make the two day drive.

I have a 91 with brand new Warn 9000, ARB front bumper , ARB J 3", new rad, new BFG 33X 10.5, 2 sets of piia lamps, perfect interior, Sony sound system, great home made 3/4 roof fack, 175,000 miles and dry as can be sept for one small leak between the reanny and the engine. $7000 and I will drive it to you. But if I were you I would look for a 93 or up with lockers with less miles for the same or less money. If you need the one you are looking at it might be worth 4000.00 tops less the stated repairs. :cool:

peebles24 said:
Sounds a bit steep to me. I gave 4300 for my 91 with 138,000 miles on it, and it was (is) in real good shape.

Almost exactly the same in milage and price to my 1991 when I bought it two months ago! $135K and $4500.

thorvald said:
saw an 83 in the paper for $3k today :D

was a 97 and 00 in the paper not long ago, no price though on the 97, think they were looking for 22 or so for the 00.

last year there was a 91 in a lot for 7k, not sure what they got for it but it eventually left.

if you can get it for 4500, go for it

Are you near Sheridan? Your listings sound like Sheridan, Wyoming. If so, the 97 was a 40th and they wanted between 17-19k for it. If you called and asked the lady actually said that. I wonder what kind of dummy would say, "OK I'll take it for 19k!"

ginericfj80 said:
Are you near Sheridan? Your listings sound like Sheridan, Wyoming. If so, the 97 was a 40th and they wanted between 17-19k for it. If you called and asked the lady actually said that. I wonder what kind of dummy would say, "OK I'll take it for 19k!"

right in Sheridan :) so pretty near
maybe with 19K it came with "extras"? ;p

i've seen some high listings, don't know if they get what they want, but they usually aren't listed for long. don't think ive seen one at the local stealer longer than a month or two at most. least not the 80 and 100 series.

I'm in SE Idaho and I'd take 7K for my 92 with 195K and only 30k on the engine and tranny. Spare transfer case, new birfs, front end service, new interior etc....etc...

Not looking to sell but even here where I see about 2 a year for sale (they do seem to sit awhile before selling but do sell) prices are high but not that high. There was a 92 in excellent condition locally for 6500 with 140K and did not sell to my knowledge. It was on a consignment for awhile so the owner might take less if your willing to get to SE Idaho. I could try to track him down.

On the topic of pricing, I just got my first cruiser, and I think I got a pretty good deal. Let me know what you guys think.

97' Collectors Edition
Leather of course
Automatic
Lockers
3rd Row Seats
108k Miles (have put a few on it in the last 2 months though :) )
Great condition on the interior, few nicks in the paint on the exterior that I've been meaning to touch up but nothing major.
Got it for $11k.

Good deal?

I will not only sell you my 1991 (see signature) for $7K, but I would personally drive it to you anywhere in the lower 48 and kiss you on the mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom