Looking at '09. Need advice. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I am new to the 200 series. I have had two 100 LX470's including my current '07, but am not familiar with the 200 series so I am leaning on you experienced owners to help me out :) So, as many of you have done, I have diligently been updating the auto listing websites and searching for a reasonable mileage/condition 200 with good maintenance history. I have put a deposit on a '09 one owner with 73k miles. Water pump replace on 3/4/15 and brakes done 5 months ago. It's VERY clean and has been well cared for by previous owner. It's black/sand beige. I have negotiated a price of $37500 with the dealer and am curious if I can do better? I have been looking all over the country and not only are LC's rare with that kind of mileage, but the dealers ask a premium as they realize the value and demand. Therefore, I have missed out on a couple of other's due to be too patient (and thinking I can better) as these puppies are scooped up fast. So, what are issues I need to be concerned with regarding the '09 model year? I have read a thread about the radiator issue and am not sure if there is an updated radiator part# that I may need to purchase and replace the current radiator as preventative maintenance? And advice would greatly be appreciated as I don't want to pass on this LC if it's a good deal overall. Thanks in advance!

I don't know if that specific vehicle is a deal or not, but here are the 2009 Land Cruiser Manheim transaction prices for the last seven months:

pLgLv7R.png

Here are all the vehicles for sale presently. Bear in mind these are the prices for dealers, not consumers. There are costs attendant to buying a vehicle and preparing it for market, as well as the profit necessary to keep the lights on and employees paid:

uTerIPg.jpg

aEhcezC.jpg

VP7gXco.jpg

@200 Custodian, Thanks for the reply. Man, supply and demand can be a *****. Well, I feel the $37500 price is reasonable but a little high. However, because the vehicle is a rarity, the Lexus dealer knows they can charge a premium, and if I don't buy it they know someone will. Part of me thinks I can do better if I wait patiently, but this '09 is in VERY good condition. If I don't buy it for that price, someone will for sure. Decisions......

A lot more 200s on Manheim since I was in the market last March. @PaulLx470 you can peruse here: For Sale - Most recent 200 Series purchase prices

Low mile-age, one-owner... service records. Hard to come by, as you mention the dealers know what's up and the premium is real.

But I also see you're in NY, has the truck been in northeast it's whole life?

A lot more 200s on Manheim since I was in the market last March. @PaulLx470 you can peruse here: For Sale - Most recent 200 Series purchase prices

Low mile-age, one-owner... service records. Hard to come by, as you mention the dealers know what's up and the premium is real.

But I also see you're in NY, has the truck been in northeast it's whole life?

Hi, yes it's been in NJ for the duration. However, the undercarriage is cherry with very minimal surface rust. Honestly, it looks more like a NC undercarriage than from NJ. I was shocked. Obviously, the previous owner had it garaged kept and I can only assume washed and cared for the undercarriage for it to be in the condition it's in.

You are so right in that the dealership understands the value. So, it boils down to how badly do I want this LC. Like you mentioned, 1 owner low mileage LC's in excellent condition bring a premium and are hard to find actually (at least in my experience). Also, even though it's quite a minor thing, its black with sand beige interior which is my favorite color combo. So, there is something to be said for that. I wonder what the "true value" of this LC is? I probably don't want to know and obviously am internally looking to justify my purchase lol.

I wondered where that went .
The second one from the bottom was one of my Twins that I had sold to a dealer last month.
last 4 of Vin was 7045.

My old cruiser that I spotted on that auction sheet posted above , must have sold. I got an alert today from cars.com. It's now listed for sale at a dealer in Alabama.
2011 Toyota Land Cruiser V8 For Sale In Birmingham | Cars.com

Kind of curios now how much it sold for at that auction . All good info to have if and when I ever deside to sell the other twin to it, what its really worth. Dealers see so very few of them, it can sometimes be a challenge to get a fair trade allowance on them.

My old cruiser that I spotted on that auction sheet posted above , must have sold. I got an alert today from cars.com. It's now listed for sale at a dealer in Alabama.
2011 Toyota Land Cruiser V8 For Sale In Birmingham | Cars.com

Kind of curios now how much it sold for at that auction . All good info to have if and when I ever deside to sell the other twin to it, what its really worth. Dealers see so very few of them, it can sometimes be a challenge to get a fair trade allowance on them.

It sold for $42,900:

J2EwZHn.png

Nice!
Thanks a lot for the info.

@cc1999 I am in Austin TX and asked a dealer's auction rep to look into that LC running at DFW for me. He said that it was in VERY clean condition, but we did not pursue. Rep had speculated a sale price slightly above where it actually closed.
@200 Custodian thanks for sharing the auction info from the other side of the table, much appreciated.

If it's fits your criteria and KDSS valves are good, snatch that thing up before it gets shipped to S. America as many of the 08-09 LC's do these days it seems.

If it's fits your criteria and KDSS valves are good, snatch that thing up before it gets shipped to S. America as many of the 08-09 LC's do these days it seems.

I passed on it after seeing the undercarriage up close. The rig has been in Wisconsin it's whole life, so it was worse than initially presented by the dealer. I passed on another one I thought was a done deal a few hours south in NJ for the same reason. Therefore, I had enough of searching up north and am flying south tomorrow to drive back a southern 200 with zero rust.

Nice! You will never look back. Welcome sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom