1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lookin for used parts guy.

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Safado, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Safado

Safado

I've been searching around a bit for wrecking yards with 80's that I can pull from, but haven't been too successful in Utah. I'm mainly looking for a drivers side front fender, but would go for the whole fender-wheel well-flare setup for the right price. I tried the guys at http://www.taprecycling.com but they said they don't have any in stock right now. Any other suggestions? Thanks

2. PHAEDRUS

PHAEDRUS

Used to be right up my alley and could quote you the phone numbers of the good wrecking yards in Salt Lake. cant remember now. i know cruiserparts.net had some parts but were a bit pricey. aside form that I think all japanese in west jordan might still have my old blue 91 if you need some goodies.
    Dave

3. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

A couple of people have told me that Transwest in Lehi has a couple of FJ80s. There aren't any at Alljapanese last I was out there (two months ago).

4. PHAEDRUS

PHAEDRUS

Doesnt surpirse me that it is gone I think that is whee it ended up after i rolled it. A buddy of mine bought it and was going to make it into a project but then his unimog went back on teh front burner and he was going to sell it off. I wish I would have had the cash to hold onto it and cut it up inot little peices. would have been a good time. oh there was a reason for me to post back, all japanese will do a search for you and see if they can find one regionally you get stuck with shipping but at least less than oem cost.
    Dave

5. clownmidget

clownmidget SILVER Star

6. Bo87cruiser

Bo87cruiser

Sofado
    As of last week Complete Auto Recyclers (Huntsville, AL) www.completeautorecyclers.com had 2 FZJ80 Cruisers in stock. In the past they have had great prices. Maybe you could get a good enough price to off set the shiping charges???? Just trying to help. Good Luck

7. NW-sickboy

NW-sickboy

I have heard there is a parts yard called ALL TRUCK in slc that has 80s. i hve also heard good things about their yard being clean and organized........i still think you should just have that popped out...i think i even havea fender flare i could give you a great price on :D . let me know.

8. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

Shh . . . there will be no mention of All Truck on this board! Seriously tho, it's a great source, but mainly American made stuff. They do get the odd import. One of the guys in my club has gotten a couple of great deals on complete motors out there, one on a newer 350tbi, and one on a 5vz. I think they quoted him around $2k for a 1fz without the computer.

9. Safado

Safado

NW-

I actually attempted the "fender pop" on Saturday....that's why I'm shopping for a "new" one. :flipoff2:

It doesn't quite line up, and now instead of just limiting how far the door opens, it now rubs every time. I just want to know what my options might be.

I'll keep your flares in mind...Toyota never thought of a 2 tone white and burgundy option...but that's just them right? Seriously though...I might need the DS rear panel flare. Just a bit to much for the bondo job!

10. Landpimp

Landpimp

try NIX99 up in Seattle they only sell Toyota and Lexus parts, got a whole bunch of nice wrecked 80's(62' and 60's as well) Work em down on price, I usally end up at 2/3-1/2 of what they start off asking. They ship and all the Cruisers are rust free.

they got a web site, with pics of their junk.
    http://www.nix99.com/

John H