lookin for some seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry, let me be more specific, I am looking for some front seats.

Good luck, they are getting hard to find and 15 yrs ago a threw several sets away before I starting hoarding Cruiser parts......

I figured it was a shot in the dark. I guess I am going to have to do a a rear tank install and and go with some after market brackets, Right now the seats just sit too high, I have stock brackets and some sort of seats in there, definately not stock, and it causes me to be too high and the passenger to be staring at the top of the windsheild!

Anybody ever do a rear tank install, any advice?? I thnk I am going to go with the S-10 tank install. Hopefully that will end up giving me more room in the front seat area and more options as to front seats!

Thanks,

Richard

Grab some seats out of a 198x Toyota MR2...they sit nice and low. I have seats from a 198x Celica Supra over my stock 1977 gas tank and they work great.

Anybody ever do a rear tank install, any advice?? I thnk I am going to go with the S-10 tank install. Hopefully that will end up giving me more room in the front seat area and more options as to front seats!

Thanks,

Richard[/QUOTE]
I have a rear mount auxillary FJ40 tank from my rig I would sell for $100. It was installed originally by SOR. It has the gas lines, filler and all. Let me know if you are interested
Chuck 972-754-2553

Good luck, they are getting hard to find and 15 yrs ago a threw several sets away before I starting hoarding Cruiser parts......

YOU hoard parts....that is a viscous rumor!!!

Grab some seats out of a 198x Toyota MR2...they sit nice and low. I have seats from a 198x Celica Supra over my stock 1977 gas tank and they work great.

Hmmm, I saw some sweet late 80's Supra seats in a yard the other weekend, might be worth the small investment... cloth though, just better hope it doesn't rain...

I have a stock set from a '74 along with a new set of black seat covers from CCOT if you are interested. Let me know I'm close by.

I have a stock set from a '74 along with a new set of black seat covers from CCOT if you are interested. Let me know I'm close by.

If imabigbangkindaguy is not interested PM me a price on them, do you have the brackets to the floorboard with them??

Hmmm, I saw some sweet late 80's Supra seats in a yard the other weekend, might be worth the small investment... cloth though, just better hope it doesn't rain...

My Supra seats are cloth and down-pours have never been an issue...they're so thin, that they dry out nicely...no mold, no smells etc.

Wow, thanks Garth!! How easily were you able to mount your seats?? maybe some pics...

I suck at getting pics to people, but I'll try. The rig was built when I bought it. The seats are mounted to the original frames, though.

JasonH has MR2 seats in his '79...also mounted to the OE frames. (Cloth seats as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom