Look whats coming for your 40-45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

love2fly

Flying the Mountains of the NW
Threads
Got a message the other day telling me that something nice is on the way for the old Cruiser's from Dakota Digital. :bounce::clap:

Just passing this along again - just incase you missed the other posts.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....ategory_id=-1/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd923.htm

prd_ssh_2426_1038.jpg

prd_ssh_2426_1039.jpg

prd_ssh_2426_1048.jpg

prd_ssh_2426_1049.jpg

Last edited:
120 MPH and 8K RPM doesn't fit any FJ4X I own. 85 MPH and 5.5K RPM would be a much better fit and would show more accurately. I rarely get over 3K RPM on my F/2F engines. I have gone 85 MPH in the past but not over that and will never go 85 again. For the price and the ranges shown I have no interest.

It is very nice but I agree that the Speedo and TAchometer would hardly move in my stock rig. I doubt 3000 rpm was ever seen in mine.

I'd be willing to bet that a single product to cover several applications was considered with these units.

while probably not used in many 40/43/45/47 series vehicles, the HZ/HD engine will tolerate a 4200RPM, and seen in many 40 series a SBC balanced will have no problem turning 6500 RPM's

as far as the speedometer goes, Toyota units are 100MPH with 160KPH. another 20MPH seems a moot conversation?

I think those that are seeking a non-traditional drivetrain would be the interested in a non-traditional instrument cluster.

These seem to be VERY nice units with micro-controlled precision stepper motors, and solid state sensors the price is comparative with other aftermarket sets. combine that with the finishing touch of fitting into a factory bezel................,:meh:

all of that said, I'm more traditional:lol:

Last edited:
i have to agree, very nice.
i like stock but for a full custom build, one of these might be a nice consideration.

I think those that are seeking a non-traditional drivetrain would be the interested in a non-traditional instrument cluster.

Many, many people want a stock appearing rig with modern amenities. Many people don't want to cut a original dash. I obviously have no problem with improving the stock drivetrain, but I would never cut a dash on a 45 and I want it to appear from everywhere except under the hood to appear stock. The dash on the Icon is one thing I would change immediately.

Both of my 45s have modern gauges in the stock cluster.

I think I am going to go with this for my 45 LPB. Already switched to a Chevy 5.3, 4L60E, so no reason to stay totally original, and these have CELs built in. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

I think I am going to go with this for my 45 LPB. Already switched to a Chevy 5.3, 4L60E, so no reason to stay totally original, and these have CELs built in. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

How far are you on your drivetrain. Curious how it turned out with rear xmbr and how you modified the center hump.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Motor, tranny, and transfer case are in. The shop is waiting on the OME suspension kit to do the final locating but so far everything looks good. I think I have some pics I can post when I get home.

I'd be willing to bet that a single product to cover several applications was considered with these units.

while probably not used in many 40/43/45/47 series vehicles, the HZ/HD engine will tolerate a 4200RPM, and seen in many 40 series a SBC balanced will have no problem turning 6500 RPM's

as far as the speedometer goes, Toyota units are 100MPH with 160KPH. another 20MPH seems a moot conversation?

These seem to be VERY nice units with micro-controlled precision stepper motors, and solid state sensors the price is comparative with other aftermarket sets. combine that with the finishing touch of fitting into a factory bezel................,:meh:

all of that said, I'm more traditional:lol:

I agree 100 MPH would probably be a better fit. 85 MPH is faster than 99% of FJ40s would ever go. I see no need to go 20% higher than the 100 MPH. 8K RPM is probably 2K RPM more than at least 99% would need. Even on a newer diesel engine your only need about half that 8K. What I see is a one size fits all on approach to a high end custom product. Normally one size fits all is cheaper. I like the look of the product and might even think about it in my FJ45LP-B since I not going with the stock drive train. But I'm not planning a street racer I don't want a speedometer or tach that looks like that what's there for. If I was looking for speed the 40 series would be at the bottom of the list of vehicles I would start with.

I wonder if it can be had in KM/H :hmm:
Also I don't see turn signal indicators.

Pretty sweet. Price would be my only problem. I am putting a whole new wiring harness in mine so I will have to figure out gauges or this cluster unit at that time.

Very nice thou :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom