Look what I got today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NicksFJ40

Doesn’t read post longer than two paragraphs.
Threads
Its my 4" Hellcreek, Im going to install the lift this weekend. Any hints to make the install go smooth.

Im going to call MAF tomarrow, but does anyone know if the MAF U-bolt flip kit will work on the HC. The reason I ask is the OEM springs are 3" wide and the HC are 2.5" wide.

Should I install MAF Anti-Inversion Shackles, or keep my H style shackle?

Its my 4" Hellcreek, Im going to install the lift this weekend. Any hints to make the install go smooth.

Im going to call MAF tomarrow, but does anyone know if the MAF U-bolt flip kit will work on the HC. The reason I ask is the OEM springs are 3" wide and the HC are 2.5" wide.

Should I install MAF Anti-Inversion Shackles, or keep my H style shackle?

PICT0173.jpg
PICT0173.jpg

Get new spring pins to make your life easier. If you keep stock shackles order new bushings as well.

Stock leaf springs are 70mm wide, or really close to 2.75” wide.

Aftermarket leaf springs (other than OME) are 2.5” wide.

The MAF flip kit should work fine with these springs.

:beer:

Hi All:

Congrats on getting the 4 inch lift kit! Be sure to post photos of your rig during and after the install!

BTW - OE Toyota leaf springs are approximately 2.75 inches wide. I would imagine some 1/2 inch spacers would make that M-A-F u-bolt flip kit work just fine.

I would avoid the "H" style shackles, and use OE style instead.

To make the install go smoother, soak all the old fasteners well in a penetrating oil such as Kroil, PB Blaster, WB40, etc. Also, have a heat source (such as a propane torch) available, as well as a good power cutting tool (aka sawzall, angle grinder, etc.) Removing 30 year old fasteners can be quite interesting at times! :D

Regards,

Alan

get a torch and burn your old bushing out then things will come out easy,

oh yeah have new ones on hand.

I installed the OME 2 1/2" springs on my '69 FJ40 along with the MAF anti-inversion shackles. The shackles work well (bit of a PITA to install the front ones,) but are VERY burly, probably more so than I need since I don't do anything too crazy in my LC. Save yourself some green - the existing H-style shackles will likely work just fine.

Thanks for all the info, I will take photos along the way. I talked with MAF today, the particular tech guy that answered the phone didnt know much, Im going to drive out there tomarrow or Friday. The list bellow is what I am looking to purchase, am I on the right track?

U-Bolt Flip Kit-4
Extended Brake Lines-2
Greasable Shackle OE style-4
Greasable Spring Pins-4

Nick

The list bellow is what I am looking to purchase, am I on the right track?

U-Bolt Flip Kit-4
Extended Brake Lines-2
Greasable Shackle OE style-4
Greasable Spring Pins-4

Nick

Yes.

Again, the flip kits will work fine. I have installed them on many Land Cruisers with non-OEM width leaf springs.

:beer:

thats not gonna be cheap. the flip kits are $150 a pair. i jsut made my own flip kit and bought some new u-bolts. $100 cheaper per axle but it take some time.

I installed the Hellcreek lift, I still have to get some shakles, Im thinking I will get the tire first. I havent decided on tires, my first choice is 34X10.50 Swamper LTB's if they dont fit I will go with 33X10.50 Goodyear MTR's. The first photo is before the lift, installing the spring, I hit the 2x4 with a small sledge to align the center pin forward or back and hit the jack to move it side to side. Over all the lift was simple to install, hope to try it out soon.
Toyota4.jpg
PICT0034.jpg
PICT0035.JPG

First photo is the front spring installed, the rear spring, MAF moved the shock mount because the shock will hit the top plate if I used the OEM mount.
PICT0037.jpg
PICT0038.JPG
PICT0036.JPG

Looks Fantastic!!!
It's only downhill from here.
Next time I head out to venice I'll have to send you a PM.
btw, nice looking soft top.

where did you get that front bumper? its looks exactly like the one i have, i thought mine was custom

Is that a 4" lift? Looks great, but it doesn't look like you gained 4" at the wheel (looking at the front wheel, before and after).

I'm debating on whether to go 2 1/2" or 4", 2 1/2" is really all I want, but if that translates into 1" at the wheel, maybe I want to go 4"?

Probably depends on the spring manufacturer, just wondering what your actual lift measures out to.

Very nice.

I have the HC 4" with 1.5" longer shackles and MAF 4+ U-Bolt Flips and 35x12.50x15s. This combo netted me a little over 5" of lift. My OEM springs were pretty tired.

I did expect to get more lift, I gained about 1.5 maybe 2, Im waiting to get the tires to see if I should get an extended shackle. Does anyone have Hell Creeks 4", with SSwamper 34" LTB's?

77TLCFJ40, What is the total length of your shackle.

The front bumper came with the vehicle, I cut about 4" of each end and added the Warn, mount and rollers, I would like an 8274 if someone has one for sale. I had to add 2x2 square tubing to raise the round guard/light mount so that the Warn would fit.

The soft top is from Best Top, speacial order. I wanted a canvas top (still do) but the canvas boat cover shops wanted more than I could afford at the time.

If any one is in the Venice area let me know.

that top is killer! just watched a kaline sell for 2k on ebay, same style.

Please explain about the besttop special order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom