Look what I found in the Desert (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TheHardWay

Ain't as easy as it looks
SILVER Star
Threads
Yeah, I did it again – I’ve wanted a white FJ40 for years, then this fell into my lap last Friday – and it was just 280 MILES AWAY IN TUCSON. Luckily the seller was willing to wait until Memorial Day for me to come and do the hands on and drive it.

We left Las Cruces at 8am with the same brave crew that went to Las Vegas 3 years ago: 1 FJ Cruiser, 1 FJ40, and 1 AWESOME TOW BAR
Got there by noon (11 Arizona) and I knew right away this baby was coming home with me. And it did! We pulled into our driveway at sunset after another awesome flat tow performance by Badass Max and the mighty green tow bar:

Eric wasn’t bullshittin’, this is in great condition, original paint with lots of patina:

And no rot!

Looks like I’ll be getting another intake hose from CityRacer

But the best part is it came loaded with gifts!
1590547132049.png

Unfortunately this little adventure interrupted my porch roof project:
1590547183182.png

But at least Zeb will have some company while I finish:
1590547237187.png

Zeb, short for Zebulon, the explorer who discovered Pike’s Peak and named it after himself.

I can put a lawn chair in the driveway under a mesquite tree and sip a beer while admiring the view.

Yep, worth the drive!

But the best part is it came loaded with gifts!
View attachment 2320140
Unfortunately this little adventure interrupted my porch roof project:
View attachment 2320142
But at least Zeb will have some company while I finish:
View attachment 2320143
Zeb, short for Zebulon, the explorer who discovered Pike’s Peak and named it after himself.
Dana - Looks pretty sweet sitting there, now time for a proper bumper :) I'll give you a hand next time we're through Cruces.

Thanks Eric, don't forget that bigass wrench!

Thanks for including me in your post. Looks like you found an awesome rig, congratulations. It does look identical to mine. Very cool to see another original white 77.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom