Wanted Look for price suggestions (CO WA) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Have you spoken to the sellers? Gotten more pics? Pulled the Carfax?

You need to ask for undercarriage pics of both. At first glance, the rear hatch on the white one will likely need to be replaced. This wouldn't be a deal killer as this is a VERY common place for rust, but it should make you really look at other areas under the vehicle VERY closely (e.g. pinch welds, underside of the body, frame, etc). You might be able to use the rusty hatch and the $1000 lower price of the green one to negotiate the price down.

Be sure to ask for evidence that the head gasket has been done. If they can't produce receipts for it, assume that it wasn't done and plan on spending $2k+ to address this ASAP.

You need to ask for undercarriage pics of both. At first glance, the rear hatch on the white one will likely need to be replaced. This wouldn't be a deal killer as this is a VERY common place for rust, but it should make you really look at other areas under the vehicle VERY closely (e.g. pinch welds, underside of the body, frame, etc). You might be able to use the rusty hatch and the $1000 lower price of the green one to negotiate the price down.

Be sure to ask for evidence that the head gasket has been done. If they can't produce receipts for it, assume that it wasn't done and plan on spending $2k+ to address this ASAP.
I thought that one is black... more pics are coming

C224E5A9-8BD9-4EC0-8A3E-040BE7B885AD.jpeg
The white in Colorado
7C1F863F-2888-416B-BEA3-0B3BDFE75716.jpeg
99156619-BCA0-4A96-99E9-FB866B302FEE.jpeg

Well considering land cruisers are officially done selling in the US after 2021 MY you might be wise to pick it up before news gets out and demand increases. Ie what was a 7k rig is now a 14k rig.

Well considering land cruisers are officially done selling in the US after 2021 MY you might be wise to pick it up before news gets out and demand increases. Ie what was a 7k rig is now a 14k rig.
yep. Any advice on an offer price?

I think it's difficult to suggest what you should offer or pay for them, and you're not likely to get just one answer either. Both will need probably the same level of baselining, and levels of rust may be similar on both (one just covered up). You'll definitely want to coat the green one if you get it to prevent spreading beyond the surface. Each has its pros/cons.

If you're committed to buying one at a distance, I'd try to get a lot more photos and scrutinize the carfax reports / seller descriptions, then pick which one seems to suit you best. Then hop on a $150 flight to inspect the one you would potentially buy. To me, that cost is worth knowing you inspected it, and if you find something out of place or not as you expected, you can negotiate the price accordingly or take a $150 flight home. Better than thousands in unknown repairs required, but just my opinion and recognize not everyone can, is willing to, or has the time to fly now. How you negotiate price before and/or in person is up to you, but basically everything is negotiable.

I'm selling my 94. Built, lockers, complete engine rebuild, and very clean interior. And I live in SW Colorado, wheeeee!

Feel free to PM me should you desire additional info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom