For Sale Longmont Colorado: 1990 HDJ81, Campteq, 5 Speed, BEB, Gturbo, CC4X4 Ultimate Intercooler, and more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys I hate to do this put I have decided to part ways with my HDJ81. I was building this up to be my ultimate adventure rig, but my family is growing, and it just does not fit with my plans. The truck runs and drives great, but it has been used on the trail, so it is not in perfect shape (small dents and scratches). I have a lot of parts that need to be installed to make this an exceptional truck so I would consider this an unfinished project, but it works great as it sits.

Just under 264,000 KM or 164,000 miles.

I would like to get 28K OBO, but I am willing to negotiate if there are some of the uninstalled parts that you do not want.

Right now I am not interested in parting out.

Expo equipment
-Campteq - Roof is not cut
-Factory aux tank and overhead unit, not installed
-Factory winch and controller
-Factory tire carrier
-Amazon snorkel, not installed
-Yodateq gull wing doors on both sides (edit)

Armor
-Cruisin off road transfer skid plate
-White knuckle sliders
-4x4Labs DIY rear bumper double swing with tire and bike rack / Kit / No Flares (not installed or put together)

Drive train
-Rear OEM locker retrofit - Wiring for the rear is present with the HDJ81 so this was plug and play
-Center diff lock with switch
-Have a front locked axle (LHD), locker (needs rebuilt) and harness that are not installed
-5 speed - shifts good
-Full time t-case
-33 in toyo open country MT maybe 30-40% tread, spare has never been run

Suspension
-OME 2.5 springs and fox shocks, heavies in the rear
-OME caster correction bushings

Engine
-Runs strong, but needs to be tuned better
-Gturbo bad boy turbo
-Cross Country 4x4 Ultimate Intercooler
-Injection Pump, Toyota (new)
-Injectors, Toyota (new)
-Big end bearings, ACL
-Timing belt, Toyota
-Water pump, Toyota
-AC compressor, denso
-Fuel primer, Toyota (new)
-EXT temp probe and gauge, probe installed before turbo
-Boost gauge
-AFR gauge and wide band sensor (was just going to install temporally for tuning)

Miscellaneous
-Depos headlights and HID retrofit (not installed)
-glass rubber guides, Toyota
-lots of random new engine parts
-lots of random general used parts
-electric folding mirrors

Bad
-Needs new windshield
-Rear lower control arms are bent, I have some DOM tubing to re-sleeve
-Tie rod is bent

The weather is snowy here so I will work on getting more pictures as it is nicer out.

21908955712_b00dad23b4_k.jpg

21732439890_2998f91e5c_o.jpg

20191229_104258.jpg

20191229_104410.jpg

20191229_104708.jpg

Last edited:
Cool rig - Anything that needs immediate attention aside from what you listed? Why is the rear control arm bent? Hard to tell from the angle of the picture, but looks like the sway bar bracket is slightly tweaked.

Cool rig - Anything that needs immediate attention aside from what you listed? Why is the rear control arm bent? Hard to tell from the angle of the picture, but looks like the sway bar bracket is slightly tweaked.

Thanks it is a great truck. Nothing that needs attention, I daily drove it earlier this year. The rear control arms are bent from some wheeling on Taylor pass. You are right the sway bar looks bent. I will take a look at it tomorrow in the light and report back.

Yeah so the right side of the sway bar is bent, I am guessing it happened the same time as the control arms. I am looking for a replacement.

I also have purchased some replacements for the rear lower control arms.

20200101_095020.jpg

20200101_095123.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom