Longest trip to get your 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I flew to Seattle to buy my hundy and drove it back to Denver.

Bought in Portland, but spent NYE in Bend. So, Bend to Boulder, CO. Straight through, 22ish hours on New Years Day.

1600 miles from Sun Valley Idaho home to Austin, TX. Made fun road trip with the wife :D Moab, Durango, NM, etc.

Ft. Collins CO to Dubuque, IA - about 900 miles

It's what us rust belters gotta do for a nice undercarriage!

Bought mine without inspection in LA and drove it back to cleveland, OH that day. Took some scenic detours and off-road shakedowns so the total return trip was about 2700 miles. Made it through the 115 degree July heat in Nevada without skipping a beat. Gotta love a well maintained cruiser.

Bought mine without inspection in LA and drove it back to cleveland, OH that day. Took some scenic detours and off-road shakedowns so the total return trip was about 2700 miles. Made it through the 115 degree July heat in Nevada without skipping a beat. Gotta love a well maintained cruiser.

2700 miles is a LONG day of driving.

2700 miles is a LONG day of driving.

I knew this was coming right after I posted hahaha. It took approximately 4 days total spaced out over a 30 day period. Stopped in Golden for a day to pick up parts at Slee, got a work call, and had to leave the truck in boulder in my parents driveway till I came back out and could drive it all the way home. Hell of a trip though.

22 miles, I drove 22 miles one way. Lol

San Diego to Central PA to get my 100. Drove through Vegas, Zion, San Rafael Swell, Ouray, Denver and then home. 3,457 miles and ~$850 of gas. That was a fun trip!

So much fun in fact, that I had to one up it when I bought the BJ74. Chilliwack, BC to Olympic to WA/OR coast to ID to Swell to Moab to HiTR trail to Kokopelli to Denver to home.

Met lots of cool 'Mud folks, visited with a few vendors and purchased a few products and turned both vehicle purchases into some really fun trips.

I went 25 miles for mine, after months of looking and losing one to a higher bidder I didn’t want anyone else to see it after I first saw it. Bought it on the spot so I had to have the dealership car wash guy drive my cayenne turbo back home since he was the only one at the dealership wiling and I didn’t want him driving the 100 haha. Priorities.

I just got back from driving 1264mi from Orlando Florida to just outside of Boston, Ma. It was a hell of a trip in what seemed like a monsoon for about more than half of it. I witnessed the aftermath of multiple hydroplaning accidents and was thankful for what I was driving and how it handled the trip and the conditions.

IMG_20180416_104500.jpg
MVIMG_20180416_122103.jpg
MVIMG_20180416_104451.jpg
MVIMG_20180416_100202.jpg

I drove a little over 1,100 miles from Winston-Salem, NC to Fort Worth, TX. Everything around me would get snatched up before I could go look at it or was priced pretty high, searched NC Craigslist on a whim and found it

I drove a little over 1,100 miles from Winston-Salem, NC to Fort Worth, TX. Everything around me would get snatched up before I could go look at it or was priced pretty high, searched NC Craigslist on a whim and found it

@Aggie04 You and I should have just switched. I flew into Dallas the day Harvey hit and drove home to Raleigh, NC. About 1,200 miles. Great trip, really got to know the truck, would have preferred to not drive through the outer bands of a hurricane to get it though.

Easy trip here- our 100 was in Portland, so it was a quick 300 mile round trip to pick her up.

Funny that our truck’s last owner was in Kirkland, WA- about 15 miles from where we live! So, 2 owners out of the rust belt (CA and WA) and 99.999% unmolested (stereo and speakers)- I’m happy!

300 miles round trip for me... found it on Autotrader and called them and told them to hold it for me. Drove the 3 hours there and 3 back. Here’s a pic of the day I got it and the other one from a 2700 mile road trip from Spring Break in Sedona this year.

52AAACDB-3593-4F9F-9652-C958E18F7AA5.jpeg

D1E98107-9BC1-4930-91A2-B5D22A92912B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom