Longest trip to get your 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the longest trip anyone has made to get their LX/LC?

Next Tuesday 4/24 I fly from Des Moines, Ia to Albuquerque NM to pick up my new to me 2003 LX.
Thanks to IH8MUD member and Albuquerque resident Ramathorn15 who spent a couple hours crawling all over it and giving me the full report on its condition. He gave me the confidence I needed to pull the trigger long distance.

Guys like Rami make this place what it is. He volunteered right away and get over to the dealer almost the next day.

I'll be getting to ABQ first thing in the morning, over to Rami's to change out the "T"s and then heading for OKC to spend the night. Then on to DSM in the morning.

To say I'm excited would be an understatement. Just about 1000 miles for us to get acquainted.

Last edited:
My son and I just flew to Ft. Lauderdale from KC about a month ago and had an awesome trip driving back our 06 LX (1450 miles). I'm so glad I did it but then again, I like road trips.

What is the longest trip anyone has made to get their LX/LC?

Next Tuesday 4/24 I fly from Des Moines, Ia to Albuquerque NM to pick up my new to me 2003 LX.
Thanks to IH8MUD member and Albuquerque resident Ramathorn15 who spent a couple hours crawling all over it and giving me the full report on its condition. He gave me the confidence I needed to pull the trigger long distance.

Guys like Rami make this place what it is. He volunteered right away and get over to the dealer almost the next day.

I'll be getting to ABQ first thing in the morning, over to Rami's to change out the "T"s and then heading for OKC to spend the night. Then on to DSM in the morning.

To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Last edited:
I gambled and took the easy way ... had my LX470 shipped to me sight unseen from California to North Carolina.

I may have the shortest. Less than 2 miles for both of mine.

Drove it home from Des Moines to San Francisco, 1800 miles, in late winter as well. Made the trip in about 36 hours. And I couldn't be happier with the purchase

08LU2IP.jpg

I may have the shortest. Less than 2 miles for both of mine.

Mine was 3.8 miles. And the only 98-02 LC available at a dealer at the time in the entire dallas area. Plenty of LX’s however.

May have the shortest distance...the guy showed up at my shop saying he was looking to sell and was wondering if we knew of anyone looking. An hour later he called his wife to come get him.

My son and I flew to Portland, OR last June and drove it back to Minneapolis. Great trip and lovin the Hundy.

1800 miles from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas to Madison, WI. When I knew my wife and I would be travelling to the area, I started tracking 100s on ebay, craigslist and local dealers months ahead of time. I wanted to replace my rusty 99' that I had for 11 years. You don't find cars this clean in Wisconsin. It was an amazing drive home, especially Colorado and Utah.

I drove around 850 miles to get my 80 series a few years ago. Now that I'm looking for a 100, they keep getting bought up before I can secure anything. I missed a 2 owner 2004, 124k miles, timing belt change at 90k, for $16k this weekend by less than a day. Favorite color too. Fun times.... :bang:

Around 75 miles from my parent's house to the Toyota dealership in Saratoga Springs, NY, twenty years ago...

850 mile drive home from Wichita KS to Columbus OH.

An hour and a half flight and a 45 minute Uber to my 100 then a 400 mile drive home all on the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom