Longest FJ55 trip in recent memory! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
We just arrived in Guatemala City from B.C. Canada with the '76 FJ55!! About 6000 miles one way.
From snow and ice, through sand storms and into the tropics. Not bad for a 30+ year old vehicle.
2-4-2007 033r.jpg
DSC_9869r.jpg
21-3-2007 014r.jpg

man, I thought I was a bada$$ for driving home from Sacramento!!!;)

This is great testimony to these rigs. Toyota Motors should be informed, seriously!

Congrats.

Last edited:
How many pairs of ear plugs did you go through?

How many pairs of ear plugs did you go through?

No earplugs but we did stop by and pick up enough sound deadening material from Secondskin in Phoenix, AZ so that we won't need any on the way back!!
It's ALOT louder than an unmuffled BJ60 thats fo sure!

Last edited:
Awsome................made that trip several times in the past...biggest headache were the "federales"

Lou

good to hear you made it safely!

Wow thats excellent, i'd love to see more pictures of the trip :cool:

Check out www.4wdtrips.net "Previous trips" forum I'm there with the same user name! I post the trip pics there. We've been to the north coast of Honduras, Copan, Tikal, El Salvador and several other places in Guatemala.

So absolutely no problems heading down there? I've done the trip in a 1996 4Runner (back in 1996) and ever since I bought my Land Cruiser, I have been wanting to go back! It's a lot of fun!

So absolutely no problems heading down there? I've done the trip in a 1996 4Runner (back in 1996) and ever since I bought my Land Cruiser, I have been wanting to go back! It's a lot of fun!

It's about the 6th or so time down and now problems ever!

Great to hear you had a safe trip and no vehicle problems.Looking forward to seeing you again when you make your way back to B.C.

Stay safe.

Well, certainly not worthy of the title...I was excited to take Pigwald on it first > than 20 miles from the house trip this past weekend. After 6 fuel filters and three tanks of fuel...last week Pigwald got the nod making the 25~ mi each way shuffle to work....last fuel filter was last Sunday. So, after behaving himself all last week, I did ~ 300 mi RT on Sat and Sunday out to visit my folks. Pigwald didn't miss a beat, no shimmies, shakes, bucking...nothing. Now I need to find a large chuck of wood to knock on and the fuel filter looks good still.....

Even when all the lug bolts shear off it is no prob for IronManCharles... ;)

Yes, but I don't blame the truck for our overloading it!! Besides with AAA we were on the road again in about 3 hours.

I interpreted the "problems" to refer to the Federales and all the other "bad guys" that folks hear about all the time.

Well for a lot of us getting the wrong order at a take out restaurant is a problem... not to mention getting hassled by federales or roadside bandits...

Maybe I should get out and live a little...

Well for a lot of us getting the wrong order at a take out restaurant is a problem... not to mention getting hassled by federales or roadside bandits...

Maybe I should get out and live a little...

You need to come join us some time! We had now problems today here in Guatemala either, even though the power went out.... TWICE!

You know, I was thinking about your situation today and recalled a 150 kw, case diesel generator that would have powered your facility nicely. I don't know what it went for but it was on the job I completed last winter. It went up for public auction. I don't know what fuel costs would be however. In your situation if $$$ was no object a diesel back up system with a photovaltaic and battery bank you might get away with a smaller utility hook up. Ok, enough already, sorry for the hi-jack..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom