Longer Shackles to level the rear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about to lift my 40. Its super saggy now. Should I go extended shackles in the rear while I'm doing the lift to level her up? Or will the new springs take care of that. Also, I've found some greasable stock length shackles for a good price, but it says they are for '80-later 40's Did they change the size fo springs and whatnot on the later models, or will the shackles fit a '79. Any help is appreciated as always.

When I lifted mine It sagged the new springs took care of that and If it don't you can always put shackels on later cause there easy to get to or another way just leave the top off then you'll be fine :G

I have a strange feeling that the shackle pin size is bigger on the post '80 vehicles and will not fit the '79. At least thats what I was told by Carrolls Suspension when I brought mine, I my memory serves.

http://www.carrolls.com.au

Sam
'79bj40

The 80 and later shackles will not work on a 79, the 80 and later FJ40s had larger spring eyes/pins. Go completely greasable all around, the shackles are awsome, also while your doing the suspension upgrade to greasable spring pins, they are much nicer than the stock ones. :G :D

Remember that on full Axle drop the Shackle should be at a Right Angle to the Chassis. But to be safe it is better to go shorter than longer, But at a Right Angle(the Shackle) will give best ride and the best possible Articulation and no chance of Inverting the Shackle. :slap: :stupid:

I bought a set of 1.5" lift shackles from 4wheel parts for like $35 plus shipping when I did my 4" lift kit. IMHO it looks much better than dragging my ass all over town 8) Get some longer shackles slapped on it and do this mod and you're set...http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/woody/shackle.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom