Wanted FJ/HJ/BJ45/47 Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
I just sold my 80 and looking for a partner for 70 FJ40 FST. Looking for a long wheel base 45/47 troopy.
Must be LHD, rust/rot free but prefer original paint and patina and dings dents. “Drivable” condition would be great.

39CEAF69-7EA8-4B53-A616-9DD11A172ABB.jpeg

526B179A-BB05-4B8A-B5A7-15D8596E4824.jpeg

256E1165-4653-482C-97BF-25C40E581429.jpeg

6110BAFF-1455-4896-9A8E-C23F3CA91D87.jpeg

4B0B345D-6B3F-4514-A636-AC6A71E95DD4.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are 2 that I saved awhile ago on FB. Hope this helps.

You are going to be hard pressed to find a rust free lefty here in the states. I sold my bj45 a while back and am only aware of a handful here in the us.

I would encourage looking at RHD to open up your options. My HJ45 Troopy was RHD and I was hesitant at first but it was not a big deal after about a 5 minute drive. The only thing I had trouble with was the turn signal stalk. For some reason I always missed it

I would encourage looking at RHD to open up your options. My HJ45 Troopy was RHD and I was hesitant at first but it was not a big deal after about a 5 minute drive. The only thing I had trouble with was the turn signal stalk. For some reason I always missed it
It’s not that I can’t drive a RHD. I don’t want one.

Keep looking, we too also wanted a LHD BJ45. We kicked around RHD and one with an less then desired engine but just weren’t comfortable going that route. It took a few years but we finally got what we wanted.
Point is be patient and it will work out, someone will sale one of these rare vehicles. It won’t be us but someone will;)
B71DC28B-E979-4DD9-9E69-84FE104B830D.jpeg

Keep looking, we too also wanted a LHD BJ45. We kicked around RHD and one with an less then desired engine but just weren’t comfortable going that route. It took a few years but we finally got what we wanted.
Point is be patient and it will work out, someone will sale one of these rare vehicles. It won’t be us but someone will;)
View attachment 2433346
I’d be ok with a rolling chassis, I didn’t know BJ45 was an option until very recently. I’d only ever seen FJ/HJ.

I have to admit that we have had a few cruisers including 100's, 80's, 62's, 42's, and some 40's over the years. The Bj45 is our favorite by far. This winter we are installing new rebuilt 3B, H55. Our intent is to make it into a cruising camping rig for the wife and our dogs. It is simply a blast to drive. I will keep my eyes and ears open and reach out if I hear of anything.

Now the wife and I are taking the Troopy to town to get some lunch.
Cheers

The yellow pop top is my old rig. Miss that thing. I think it is in Texas now but it’s RHD

I believe the LHD models typically come out of the middle east. Not sure if they had Troopies in South America. I've seen a 70 series troopy in Amsterdam.

Gumtree is my goto for searching australia but those are all RHD. The nice thing about RHD is that if you ever need some extra income you have the perfect mail delivery vehicle.

Came across this 70 series body listed in Australia. You could build a LHD up from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom