Wanted Long style Jumps needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There's no such long style jump seats with two holes for each mounting leg that fit a 1968 tub. From looking at the pictures of your tub, your extra holes are probably for the brackets for the jack handles. Does your one hole per leg jump seats line up with any of the holes?

The two hole per leg jump seats came in early FJ40s (pre-65 I think), and they didn't use bolts to secure them to the wheel wheel - they used sheet metal screws.

I've got several sets of the one hole per leg jump seats (long style) for sale, but from reading your thread, you've already got them.

trekker

i just went out and checked my jump seats..i have a 68 fj40..my seats have a 2 hole mounting plate on the legs of the jump seat....this plate would be easy to fab and weld to your seats.....or i could sell ya mine..i can post up some pics if ya need along with details for the size of the mounting plate....just let me know i would be glad to help

osagecruiser

landcruiserdude

sorry those jump seats do exist...infact they are in my garage! :D

Can you take some close-up pictures? Do they mount with sheet metal screws, or regular bolts? PM me for further discussion.

Just to clear up the mounting deal for jumps, my tub requires 2 bolts for each leg and 2 bolts for each side where the seat mounts to the side of the tub.

landcruiserdude-- thanks for the assistance and the offer on your seats! I'd prefer the aforementioned type.

osagecruiser--- pm'ed you.

here are the photos as promised...seats have been sitting for awhile...not sure i want to sell...waiting to see a picture of a seat installation from a board member i think we might try...if so they will be for sale

osagecruiser
seat1.JPG
seat2.JPG

I'm pretty sure that those seats are the early style like came in my 63 and 62 FJ40, and were attached by sheet metal screws. If they came out of your 68, I guess Toyota used that mounting style well into the late 60s. If you want to sell them, let me know, as I need a complete set for my 62.

landcruiserdude said:
I'm pretty sure that those seats are the early style like came in my 63 and 62 FJ40, and were attached by sheet metal screws. If they came out of your 68, I guess Toyota used that mounting style well into the late 60s. If you want to sell them, let me know, as I need a complete set for my 62.

Not to hijack the thread, but I have several sets of the early, two hole style jumpers, including a set from a 63. You can call the shop to follow up. ;)

Mark,

Hijack? No way. I just need a couple of seats and if they have to come from you, so be it! ;)

I'll ring you a little later today and thanks!

Will

Mark do the seats out of the 63 have the bracket to bolt to the side of the tub? I have a early 63 (2FJ40XXX VIN#) didn't come with jump seats but there is no threaded holes in the side of the tub. I do have a set of 61 jump seats that I'm going to install with two arm rests. Just wondering when Toyota started using the side bracket.

trekker, I checked the set of spare jump seats I have and they are the single hole type, sorry.

John

John, I can check my early 63 FJ40 this weekend to see if the original jump seats also attached to the side of the tub, and let you know. Just from a safety viewpoint, I'd think the type that also mount using bolts to the side lip of the tub would be an improvement, because those sheet metal screws for the feet look pretty flimsey to me.

I checked my 63 FJ40 - The jump seats, which are original, do not have the side mounting brackets like later versions do. Also, the tub does not have bolt holes in the side lip of the tub.

I have a set of long style seats, two mounting holes per mounting point. These are worn out old seats, frames look good but you would need to get some foam and make covers for them. I've done it in the past and it's pretty easy. I would say, some light sanding, $40 and 6 hours of work you'd have a perfect set. I'll do $30 plus shipping on them. If you were in town I'd give em to you but I hate shipping. Anyway, if you want them let me know, I've done a crappy job shipping quickly due to the heat and other issues on my end so I'll get them boxed and ready to go then you can pay for them...

Living in the Past said:
Mark do the seats out of the 63 have the bracket to bolt to the side of the tub? I have a early 63 (2FJ40XXX VIN#) didn't come with jump seats but there is no threaded holes in the side of the tub. I do have a set of 61 jump seats that I'm going to install with two arm rests. Just wondering when Toyota started using the side bracket.

trekker, I checked the set of spare jump seats I have and they are the single hole type, sorry.

John

John, I had a chance to look at those 63 jumpers today and by G-d, they don't have the tabs! I'd never paid attention to that before. I bought them from an old customer of mine who pulled them out of his dd63 when he installed the rollbar. Never paid much attention to them. Learned something new. ;)

John, I had a chance to look at those 63 jumpers today and by G-d, they don't have the tabs! I'd never paid attention to that before. I bought them from an old customer of mine who pulled them out of his dd63 when he installed the rollbar. Never paid much attention to them. Learned something new.

I have a roll cage with those tabs on it, I would guess the seat bolted right to the cage?

Hey out there I just pick up a 68 with the seats you need or want the same one's in the pics. I am just parting this rig out all original parts truck. Let me know if you need them or the whole rig. I am in NJ.

hey 66.. did you have an auction on ebay? I really needed that bench seat and the jumpers....

I have a 66 that I want to restore and the PO put in later 76 buckets... can you send me pics...

If trekker needs them first he can have em.. I thought through the tread he had found a set.. so trekker.. PM me once you found a set... thank you. ;)

Last edited:
osagecruiser said:
here are the photos as promised...seats have been sitting for awhile...not sure i want to sell...waiting to see a picture of a seat installation from a board member i think we might try...if so they will be for sale

another set of the dual hole mount... :confused: for sale???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom