Long Ranger Aux Fuel Tank Group Buy technical discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know when I shipped my 80 tank from Australia it was like $100 and took about 60 days via postal mail. Maybe what we should see is if we can get on a container coming over with other products for one of our vendors

Tony, if you havent sent the e-mail ask what the price is for multiple tanks

I know when I shipped my 80 tank from Australia it was like $100 and took about 60 days via postal mail. Maybe what we should see is if we can get on a container coming over with other products for one of our vendors

Tony, if you havent sent the e-mail ask what the price is for multiple tanks

Here's what he said :

Hi Tony, Freight comes down to how I package the pallet (s) - a single tank like the 180 L via seafreight usually costs about $420.00 AUD but with bulk tanks I can organise my own pallet size etc and work it out from there.

Dave

However, if he's shipping a pallet, I don't know how it each tank would get to us, or if someone needs to pick it up from the port. I know I don't have any room for a pallet of gas tanks :) I can possibly pick them up from the port if need be.

Maybe someone with overseas group buy experience can chime in.

Im in for a 90L dependent on fitment on an LX. Any word on that?

Anyone have a pic with their spare tire removed? I'd like to compare to the underside of mine.

@Mark Mehalic, I wish I knew you had done that mod when we wheeled Red Cone - I would've crawled under just to check it out.

@TonyP it's really too bad I'm probably 2-3 years from being ready to do this mod, or I'd get in on a group buy for the 90L, but I'm interested to hear how the install works out for everyone. I hope someone takes a ton of photos and writes up the install.

@Mark Mehalic, I wish I knew you had done that mod when we wheeled Red Cone - I would've crawled under just to check it out.

@TonyP it's really too bad I'm probably 2-3 years from being ready to do this mod, or I'd get in on a group buy for the 90L, but I'm interested to hear how the install works out for everyone. I hope someone takes a ton of photos and writes up the install.

Hopefully between the 11+ of us we can work out the kinks/LIMFACs for the next batch of people.

I can snap a pic of my tire area today if someone wants to take a pic of their LX.
I'll post one of mine this afternoon

Hopefully between the 11+ of us we can work out the kinks/LIMFACs for the next batch of people.
@TonyP is the buy and shipping options being considered with the "Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s" thread from wardharris (terrain tamers/cruiser bros) - seems like there's a container opportunity if we group up on this?

@TonyP is the buy and shipping options being considered with the "Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s" thread from wardharris (terrain tamers/cruiser bros) - seems like there's a container opportunity if we group up on this?

Nope, Long Range Automotive (Ward's tank guys) and The Long Ranger (My tank guys) are different.

That confused me at first too.

I'll post one of mine this afternoon

Tried to get a little of everything. Mind the filth, it was parked for a week right after wheeling, waiting for the oil cooler.

20171006_160538.jpg

20171006_160607.jpg

20171006_160622.jpg

20171006_160639.jpg

20171006_160659.jpg

20171006_160726.jpg

Last edited:
Tried to get a little of everything. Mind the filth, it was parked for a week right after wheeling, waiting for the oil cooler.

20171006_160639.jpg

20171006_160726.jpg
I didn't get a chance to take pics but that looks exactly the same from my memory. Ill get some tomorrow.

I'm probably going to give Dave final numbers in a couple of weeks, maybe end of October. I'll make an official group buy thread at that point.

I can ask about getting tanks for other makes/models too, unless it's a jeep... just kidding...kinda.

So if you're interested let me know by the end of the month. I'm definitely ordering one regardless.

Edit:
Here's what they said regarding other models.

Hi Tony,

Whatever we supply you can order - but please be aware that there are some tanks like the 100 series that are a replacement of the factory rear sub tank which did not come out in US models.

Dave

Last edited:
progressing nicely! TGIF everyone!

@duggy what do you think of this?

ooooo can 70 series get in on this as well? Saw this on the highlighted new post feed.... Would be very interested in what they had for an aussie spec 1990 Troopy with dual tanks.

ooooo can 70 series get in on this as well? Saw this on the highlighted new post feed.... Would be very interested in what they had for an aussie spec 1990 Troopy with dual tanks.

They have a bunch of 70 series tanks. I can add you on the list. Keep in mind this is still just a feeler so it might not happen. Especially with other vendor's "well-timed" new offerings.

Toyota Landcruiser 70-Series | The Long Ranger

What’s going on with this possible group buy? Did it happen? I would be in for a 180if still possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom