Long Ranger Aux Fuel Tank Group Buy technical discussion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@TonyP pls add me to the list for 90L

For those of us that have rear bumper with tire carrier, What do you think of the 122L?

Hey All,

I recently installed the 180 liter in my 14. It was a super pain dealing with everything involved in getting it here, and the install was much more than the instructions say...but the end result has made it all worth the time and money.

If anyone wants the full details, feel free in calling me.

520-904-8000 - Mark

Hey All,

I recently installed the 180 liter in my 14. It was a super pain dealing with everything involved in getting it here, and the install was much more than the instructions say...but the end result has made it all worth the time and money.

If anyone wants the full details, feel free in calling me.

520-904-8000 - Mark

The Long Ranger or Long Range Automotive?

Where did you relocate the OEM evap can?

Any evap codes?

I bought the tank (Long Ranger) from the company that makes them in Australia. Their name is Out of Town 4wd Pty. They are out of Barnsley, NSW Australia. They tank came with everything needed to install, Hoses, Clamps, wires the whole nine yards. The tank bolts right into where the spare is located. I only had to relocate the OEM charcoal canister. I 4 wheel the hell out of my rig and love this tank. It's by far my favorite mod so far and, I have every after market add on you can buy for a 200 series. If you are serious about buying one of these tanks please feel free to call me for more details.

I bought the tank (Long Ranger) from the company that makes them in Australia. Their name is Out of Town 4wd Pty. They are out of Barnsley, NSW Australia. They tank came with everything needed to install, Hoses, Clamps, wires the whole nine yards. The tank bolts right into where the spare is located. I only had to relocate the OEM charcoal canister. I 4 wheel the hell out of my rig and love this tank. It's by far my favorite mod so far and, I have every after market add on you can buy for a 200 series. If you are serious about buying one of these tanks please feel free to call me for more details.

Right on, is texting cool? It'll help me remember stuff....
I might pick your brain tomorrow.

I would be interested in if you did it yourself and specifics on how you moved the canister, brackets you used or made etc. Is that something we can do now to make sure it works before we install the tank?

I had a mechanic buddy of mine do the install. He relocated the canister to aft of the RR wheel well. It fits up there nicely. He made a simple bracket to hold it in place. The relocation of the canister was the only difficult part of the install.

I had a mechanic buddy of mine do the install. He relocated the canister to aft of the RR wheel well. It fits up there nicely. He made a simple bracket to hold it in place. The relocation of the canister was the only difficult part of the install.

Awesome. Can you post a picture? That would be helpful

94F28E92-D6CA-46CF-B247-7D9565605F03.jpeg
20893DAE-822D-4199-98DF-25778A829DE6.jpeg
B2CCCAB0-BFDA-483D-A75D-03F04294B6C4.jpeg
72CB20FD-E83A-4842-BC2D-C46871B0A0C8.jpeg

I love this mod... it has change my world for Overlanding ! I encourage anyone that is thinking installing a Longer Ranger to contact me. To articulate this whole install is too much to put into written words.

Feel free to call me at 520-904-8000 - Mark

Ps. I'm not a salesmen for this product.

Cost of Tank: $1300 USD at the time of purchase in May
Shipping: via UPS $2800 This part is a pain in the ass!
Install cost me appox $2000...I don't do my own wrenching:(
End result...I'm Happier then hell...at approx 12 GPM I have approx 800 mile range + or - :)

Cost of Tank: $1300 USD at the time of purchase in May
Shipping: via UPS $2800 This part is a pain in the ass!
Install cost me appox $2000...I don't do my own wrenching:(
End result...I'm Happier then hell...at approx 12 GPM I have approx 800 mile range + or - :)

I fold. :frown: Where's the nearest Tiki Bar? :cheers:

lol it might have been cheaper... But yes that was the best price I could find. UPS doesn't cover Barnsley, NSW. So it was a very interesting trip from there.

This whole mod was a Royal pain. But like I said, I don't regret I penny of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom