LONG RANGE TANKS FROM LONG RANGE AMERICA (4 Viewers)

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
SILVER Star
Anyone know if the rear auxiliary 25 tank will fit with a 4x4 labs rear bumper? 24 gallon
I have the 24 gallon which I installed myself. I've got an older Kaymar rear bumper and it fits fine on mine. But I remember hearing there were some fitment issues with the 4x4 Labs. Not exactly sure what they were, but I'm guessing from my experience. Do you retain the stock tailpipe behind the rear axle with the 4x4 Labs? Because if routing is modified, (towards the center of your rig,) it will interfere with the tank. Also the rear of the LRA tank bolts to a bracket that is added to the frame near the rear crossmember which I believe is modified or removed during 4x4 Labs install. @wardharris should be able to give you more info. If he doesn't reply, try messaging him.

Rear tank mounting bolts & spacing on mine:
IMG_1120a.JPG

Stock exhaust clearance near front of tank:
IMG_1122a.JPG

Also you can get an idea how low tank will hang below frame:
IMG_1127a.JPG

I've got a dent already in my 24 gal & not from rock crawling, so if you pull the trigger, be careful.

I have the 24 gallon which I installed myself. I've got an older Kaymar rear bumper and it fits fine on mine. But I remember hearing there were some fitment issues with the 4x4 Labs. Not exactly sure what they were, but I'm guessing from my experience. Do you retain the stock tailpipe behind the rear axle with the 4x4 Labs? Because if routing is modified, (towards the center of your rig,) it will interfere with the tank. Also the rear of the LRA tank bolts to a bracket that is added to the frame near the rear crossmember which I believe is modified or removed during 4x4 Labs install. @wardharris should be able to give you more info. If he doesn't reply, try messaging him.

With the 4X4Labs bumper,I ended up welding the rear bracket for the auxiliary tank to the plates where the bumper bolts to the side of the frame rails. About 2 inches behind the tow crossmember.

azstreamer

GOLD Star
The LRA 12.5 gallon auxiliary tank was a precise fit above the spare tire with no wasted space. The tube through the tank for the tire lowering rod lined up precisely. Great craftsmanship for all the parts. Labor for the install of tank, rear coil spring Firestone airbags and Tuson RV brake controller was $1,425 at AZ Toy Pro in Mesa., Arizona.

Website
www.fj55landcruiser.com
I have FJ55 LR tank I bought from Manafree 20 years ago. Looking to go sniper and install in-tank-pump. Can you provide details on how this tank is baffled internally? Trying to determine if use something like Holley HydraMat or plumb in multiple pickups with air valve shut offs. Quick “napkin” sketch would be fine.

azstreamer

GOLD Star
Hooked up the 2015 Airstream 23D International Serenity for the first time today. No issue towing in terms of power. But the LRA extended range 12.5 gallon tank will be a necessity as I saw 10.5 mpg once on the flats. Going through the mountains will be in the single digits. Range is not so good so 35 gallons usable will be a big help on a road trip.....

This is my most comfortable towing vehicle yet.

Ran Firestone rear coil spring airbags at 20 psi and stock tires at 33 psi. Michelin 15" tires one the trailer run at 44 psi. Unit scales 12,780 pounds and the numbers are within limits. Some heavy stuff by rear access door with third seats down will be moved to behind second row with third row elevated to the storage position on the sides.

Trailer is slightly heavier after the new 3,600 pound axles with 12" double pad disc brakes and a 3" lift built into the axle frames were installed. But the new disc brakes are light years ahead of the original 10" drum brakes in terms of stopping the rig. There are five 100 watt solar panels on the roof and a 315 amp hour lithium battery system. The Freon based refrigerator runs on 12Vdc and the Truma instant on water heater is propane powered.

LC & 23D.JPG

Last edited:

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
I have FJ55 LR tank I bought from Manafree 20 years ago. Looking to go sniper and install in-tank-pump. Can you provide details on how this tank is baffled internally? Trying to determine if use something like Holley HydraMat or plumb in multiple pickups with air valve shut offs. Quick “napkin” sketch would be fine.
That would not be a LRA tank. Wrong thread for your question.

Website
www.fj55landcruiser.com
That would not be a LRA tank. Wrong thread for your question.
I was under impression LRA was importing tanks from Australia or had some sort of teaming agreement. Fellow club member suggested I reach out to Ward as he is very knowledgeable about these tanks. LRA tank just purchased before Ward and his fine crew became the importer.

97D59250-1F0A-4AE5-B48E-3A1616765395.jpeg

Last edited:

azstreamer

GOLD Star
I have a small beef with the new 12.5 gallon LRA tank installation. The spare tire sometimes squeaks from mini movement driving down the road. The perfect quietness of the LC is intruded upon like it was an old Detroit vehicle….

I have a 2007 LC 100 so I likely need the 12.5 gallon LRA tank for spare tire holder. Can I get a quote and a link on your page please? Doesn’t seem to be super friendly to find.

wardharris

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom