LONG RANGE TANKS FROM CRUISER BROTHERS & LRA

S.CarolinaFZJ80

SILVER Star

@wardharris
I have a US spec 80 retrofitted with an Aussie OEM Sub Tank. Looking for the TLC80FR-PA
I don’t see it listed on the LRA America site. It has a 3rd boss (circled in Aussie Main Tank below) for mounting the 3/4 full float switch.
Is this TLC80FR-PA tank available through you?
E3F3F573-4EE8-407F-B159-5C6519CFA619.jpeg
9EC0CE66-BC9F-43D1-83BE-82D889804DBE.jpeg

Last edited:

S.CarolinaFZJ80

SILVER Star

Last edited:

wardharris

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
I do not have a photo handy, sorry. Couple of things. The tank named TLC80FR-PA is for stock US spec tanks and as yours has been modified (third opening) I need to check with LRA on how our TLC80FR-PA differs from the kits they provide to local market - two holer, three holer, etc. Please send me an email to sales@longrangeamerica.com to continue the dialogue and I will report back to you.

Thanks
Ward Harris 209-636-0831

Looking at these for a 100 series 2001 as a replacement to the factory tank. 40gal vs 21 is a good improvement and could still keep the factory spare location and have nearly double the range... 1695 is what the site says, plus maybe 3 hrs install at a shop?? Anyone done this install before on a 100 series? Quotes for doing the job with parts and labor? I don't think that I want to take this one on...

wardharris

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Looking at these for a 100 series 2001 as a replacement to the factory tank. 40gal vs 21 is a good improvement and could still keep the factory spare location and have nearly double the range... 1695 is what the site says, plus maybe 3 hrs install at a shop?? Anyone done this install before on a 100 series? Quotes for doing the job with parts and labor? I don't think that I want to take this one on...
Thank you for your interest in Long Range Automotive fuel tanks!

As you stated, our website lists price at $1,695 plus shipping, which would normally be around $150 to Portland (see below). We will have a Summer Stock Sale this month, with up to $200 off retail price.

The 100 Series replacement tank hangs down just a bit but after many, many installs, no negative results from offroad experience. THE KIT IS IN STOCK in USA.

We DO NOT provide installation services but we have a network of dealers that DO provide purchase and install service and half of our sales are through those services. Two of those dealers are in Metro Portland. It is possible to reduce or eliminate shipping for coordinated deliveries to your dealer.

We suggest you contact one of those dealers to arrange purchase - the sale will be for a limited time so don't delay :)

Michael Zeiders
Wanderlust Overland Wanderlust Overland | Custom Teardrops | Overland Outfitter
503-732-0747
michael@wanderlustoverland.com

Chris Beavers
Explore Vehicle Outfitters https://www.explorevehicleoutfitters.com/
503-781-3024
info@explorevehicleoutfitters.com

Thank you for your interest in Long Range Automotive fuel tanks!

As you stated, our website lists price at $1,695 plus shipping, which would normally be around $150 to Portland (see below). We will have a Summer Stock Sale this month, with up to $200 off retail price.

The 100 Series replacement tank hangs down just a bit but after many, many installs, no negative results from offroad experience. THE KIT IS IN STOCK in USA.

We DO NOT provide installation services but we have a network of dealers that DO provide purchase and install service and half of our sales are through those services. Two of those dealers are in Metro Portland. It is possible to reduce or eliminate shipping for coordinated deliveries to your dealer.

We suggest you contact one of those dealers to arrange purchase - the sale will be for a limited time so don't delay :)

Michael Zeiders
Wanderlust Overland Wanderlust Overland | Custom Teardrops | Overland Outfitter
503-732-0747
michael@wanderlustoverland.com

Chris Beavers
Explore Vehicle Outfitters https://www.explorevehicleoutfitters.com/
503-781-3024
info@explorevehicleoutfitters.com

View attachment 2018702

View attachment 2018701
Thanks for getting back to me So quickly. If this is any indication of the kind of service I'll get from you guys, I'm in... The only thing is that I'm living in Minnesota for the next month and then likely in Utah so Portland will not be great for an install location. What is the ship time and are there service centers in either (preferably) Minneapolis, MN or (second choice) Salt Lake City, UT? Is the sale on now? I also put in a quote request on your website but haven't seen a response. Maybe there was a mistake on my end in submitting it? Feel free to PM me if you want to take this conversation off of the public thread. Thanks again!

wardharris

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Hmmmmm. The site seems not to be talking to me.....

So we can ship anywhere there is a YRC Freight terminal. Typically 3-5 days in the midwest. Sale on now.

Shoot me an email at sales@longrangeamerica.com and we will do up a proposal with sale terms.

Thanks!

saucebox

Slobivius Americanus
SILVER Star

Thanks for getting back to me So quickly. If this is any indication of the kind of service I'll get from you guys, I'm in... The only thing is that I'm living in Minnesota for the next month and then likely in Utah so Portland will not be great for an install location. What is the ship time and are there service centers in either (preferably) Minneapolis, MN or (second choice) Salt Lake City, UT? Is the sale on now? I also put in a quote request on your website but haven't seen a response. Maybe there was a mistake on my end in submitting it? Feel free to PM me if you want to take this conversation off of the public thread. Thanks again!
Best cruiser shop in SLC is State Automotive. Talk with Dustin.

Best cruiser shop in SLC is State Automotive. Talk with Dustin.
Thanks! I talked to cruiser outfitters and as they are totally booked out (for good reason! seems they do awesome stuff) someone recommended state automotive. I'll get in touch. Thanks for the tip. Also, sounds like I'll be in SLC for the next year so we should definitely link up some time soon!

saucebox

Slobivius Americanus
SILVER Star

Thanks! I talked to cruiser outfitters and as they are totally booked out (for good reason! seems they do awesome stuff) someone recommended state automotive. I'll get in touch. Thanks for the tip. Also, sounds like I'll be in SLC for the next year so we should definitely link up some time soon!
Kurt was the one that pointed me there as well. It's the only shop in town I'd fully trust for a job done well.

Beers on me when you make it! (Or, as some say here, an acceptable beverage of your choice, hah)

wardharris

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Thanks, guys. I will reach out to State Automotive on Monday. Georg and I are working hard to expand our network of installing shops and dealers. One new addition is Fat Bob's Garage in Layton.

Any and all recommendations, reviews, feedback, etc. are most appreciated!

wardharris

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

phrogg4evr

Rule #3
GOLD Star

Can you get stuff for the 105 series?

Considering replacing the factory sub-tank with a bigger one and I’d need the spare tire relocation bracket for the 105.

wardharris

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Can you get stuff for the 105 series?

Considering replacing the factory sub-tank with a bigger one and I’d need the spare tire relocation bracket for the 105.
Yessir, the 105 replacement sub tank is shown below - 38.3 gallons. $1,595 plus freight from Stockton, CA. As special order can have it here in mid / late September.

Not aware of the relocation bracket. We DO offer Kaymar bar kits and tire carriers as below.

1564190629308.png

Bar kits for 105 Series $2,895

1564190888975.png

Standard tire carriers only / no bar $795

1564191000532.png

phrogg4evr

Rule #3
GOLD Star

Thanks for the reply. Does it matter gas or petrol on the tank? I have the mighty 1FZ in the Hundy Wagon.

Once I get my baseline maintenance done, I’ll be hitting you up for a tank and tire carrier. Don’t need the full Monty bumper with the sub tank;)

Thanks much and will be in touch

wardharris

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Same tank either fuel.

Any time when you are ready. We have a special USMC rotohead / flag flyer special discount program. The tire carrier is a sweet deal.

phrogg4evr

Rule #3
GOLD Star

What the price on the sub tank replacement? Model number TLC100RRE?

I have the factory sub tank on the 105 and would like to swap that one out, that’s why I’ll need the KK1160 carrier;)

Appreciate the help.

Top Bottom