LONG RANGE TANK FOR 80s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought one from Ward this spring and installed it myself. I have very limited mechanical abilities. Took me a while, like everything does, with a 4x4 labs bumper. Some fitment issues. But it works extremely well.

And how does it sit? Does it drop below the frame? Tough to tell from the pics but the stock tank is tucked up pretty well.
Curious on this as well. I drug my labs rear a few times on my last excursion. Having a fuel tank lower than that sketches me out, but being further inward probably helps.

And how does it sit? Does it drop below the frame? Tough to tell from the pics but the stock tank is tucked up pretty well.
This is the aux 24 gallon tank that replaces the rear spare tire.
Tucks up very well.
An after market bumper can change fitment. I had to fab a piece of metal to reach a small amount to the Labs bumper.
I need to post pics.

This is the aux 24 gallon tank that replaces the rear spare tire.
Tucks up very well.
An after market bumper can change fitment. I had to fab a piece of metal to reach a small amount to the Labs bumper.
I need to post pics.
Gotcha. Interested in the replacing the stock tank.

Tons of pictures of my rig on IG.
Recently ran a mini rock garden with no issues. This will also depend on your suspension lift. 42gal tank sits nice and high enough. Nice slant in consideration of departure angle. Bottom sits a good 6 or so inches above the rear diff fill plug.
Hope that's an update you can make a decision with. Just remember your rear suspension will need to be adjusted/addressed considering weight by volume.

Tons of pictures of my rig on IG.
Recently ran a mini rock garden with no issues. This will also depend on your suspension lift. 42gal tank sits nice and high enough. Nice slant in consideration of departure angle. Bottom sits a good 6 or so inches above the rear diff fill plug.
Hope that's an update you can make a decision with. Just remember your rear suspension will need to be adjusted/addressed considering weight by volume.
Hey Michael - Well, you have another IG follower. Lot of great pictures on your page! Could not find any of the aux tank, but I did not make it through all of the albums.
Appreciate your comments on rear suspension. Have installed a OME lift with 2860 Rear Coil Springs; should be able to handle weight (6.1lbs/gallon X 42 = 256lbs, plus weight of tank).

I have the 42 gallon main tank version of the LRA. The installation was pain, the biggest issue I had was with the front strap namely the side on the frame. There is not too much space to have the bolt started and had to unbolt the frame mount of the strap. The long range is hanging a bit lower then the OEM.

I am bit worried about it hanging so low so I had my friend created the skid plate from 5mm stainless steel.

74F70E25-D86D-4DF0-B8A7-2781C22E77D7.jpeg

Regarding the long ranger 42 gallons of the tank and offroading, take a look at Stephans video of his 105 ( with the long-range 42 gallon tank) taking some technical terrain:

105 Offroading

Hey Michael - Well, you have another IG follower. Lot of great pictures on your page! Could not find any of the aux tank, but I did not make it through all of the albums.
Appreciate your comments on rear suspension. Have installed a OME lift with 2860 Rear Coil Springs; should be able to handle weight (6.1lbs/gallon X 42 = 256lbs, plus weight of tank).

Cool cool, I'll put up a "story" for you soon. Will take some pictures and video. Keep in mind, I also had extra armor custom built for the 42gal tank.

This may be moot, if you've already made your purchase, but will do so anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom