Long range tank '94 gas pickup? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bogo

FOOF
Threads
I'm looking for a long range tank for a '94 regular cab gas 4x4 pickup. I'd like to get at least 25 gallons, preferably 35 to 40 gallons. I'm not adverse to using the spare tire location seeing I already don't use it for the spare. So far all I've found adds only a gallon or two and that just isn't worth it. For the prices seen it would be cheaper to buy 4 new jerry cans and mounts. I've been thinking of exploring some northern Canada roads in the late summer or early fall. The extra range would be very nice.

There is a tank, from a Ford Econoline van IIRC, that fits where the spare goes.
On my p/u I mounted another Toy tank on the drivers side mirroring the stock tank. An electric fuel pump transfers from that tank to the main when it's low.

Check out 4crawler.com, I know he installed an extra tank that goes above the spare tire.... But can't remember the brand....

Found a link to NWMP which has auxiliary or replacement tanks depending on the model, but they are expensive.

There is a tank, from a Ford Econoline van IIRC, that fits where the spare goes.
On my p/u I mounted another Toy tank on the drivers side mirroring the stock tank. An electric fuel pump transfers from that tank to the main when it's low.

How did you deal with the fuel filler for it? Also how does that work with the exhaust system? Did you reroute the exhaust system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom