Long Jump Seat Brackets and Mounting Hardware FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for proper mounting brackets and hardware for the long jump seats in my 70 40.
I have 3 sets of 3 holes but my seats only have 1 hole on each foot. Also only have one hole on the rear to mount to the tub but have 2 holes.
Also looking for brackets for the soft top bows that mounts to the tub. Looking for pictures and links to the proper set up and brackets.
90BABF7C-9B1F-42F1-9351-7429B377B209.jpeg
8ECD8A15-45B2-45E9-94FF-14B33C1343B8.jpeg
15E8C2E9-DB9C-40DC-9377-09A27A2AFE24.jpeg

They line up with the hole in the center correct?

Looks like somebody had an aftermarket rollbar in there and was lined up over the seat holes ... most likely only help in by two screws on the front and rear on each side ... because PO thought it was ok to do

The fst rear bracket that is held on by the two screws is available repro afaik

Maybe redline has it?

Yes the holes in the center. Where would seatbelts mount?
The holes in the corner that is circled twice is for the FST correct and they are reproduced?

What about the other two holes on the tub wall, they are both threaded but my seat only has a one hole bracket on it that looks factory.

I show two seat changes 8/69 and 10/69 that could be the switch to a single bolt per mounting point. I know my 10/70 which has original seats and tub has original paint there is only one bolt. This is a FHT but see the same part numbers for FST.

Could very well be that the original seat were a single hole ... somebody replaced them with the two hole and now you have the single hole again

Or... visa versa ... but... from LITP it sounds like you should have the single

I show two seat changes 8/69 and 10/69 that could be the switch to a single bolt per mounting point. I know my 10/70 which has original seats and tub has original paint there is only one bolt. This is a FHT but see the same part numbers for FST.
This is a July 69 production 40.
What about the tub wall mount I have two threaded holes but only a one hole bracket.
Also where do seat belts mount to the body?
Who had new hardware for the front and rear seats?

If you have two threaded holes for each mounting point on the top tub and 7/69 production most likely had jump seat with tow bolt mounting points. That would be the top of the tub and top of wheel well. No seat belts that early in a FJ40. Not sure what hardware your talking about. The back of the driver's seat has two brackets that bolt to the floor. Then two clips on the front of the under seat toolbox. The three other seats only need bolts.

If you have two threaded holes for each mounting point on the top tub and 7/69 production most likely had jump seat with tow bolt mounting points. That would be the top of the tub and top of wheel well. No seat belts that early in a FJ40. Not sure what hardware your talking about. The back of the driver's seat has two brackets that bolt to the floor. Then two clips on the front of the under seat toolbox. The three other seats only need bolts.
Yes but some of the bolts are threaded holes and others require nuts. I’m looking for a full set of nuts and bolts for the passenger front and both jump seats.
do you have pictures of jump seats with two bolt holes for the tub wall?

forgot where i found this pic.... but... from a 66'

View attachment 2203273
So I probably had a seat with a double bracket and 2 bolts for the feet long jump seat from factory but somewhere along the way it was removed and replaced by my current long jump seat with single bracket and single bolt feet... or is this a cross over year with July 69 production had a tub set up for the earlier long seats but got the later long jumps installed?
Is it just a nut and bolt install from the factory? The holes for the feet are not threaded.

forgot where i found this pic.... but... from a 66'

View attachment 2203273

Glad you found picture Johnny my 68 jump seats are stored away. Shows the back just has a second bracket on the other side of the tube frame. Bottoms are not bent over but rather plate welded to the bottom of the tube frame. Not around my 68 or 70 but all had fixed nuts. The four bolts to hold the rear bow frame are there even on the hard top. As I remember those did not have fixed nuts but just nuts, bolts and washers. The two fixed nuts in the tub above the bow plate are for the clamp to secure the soft top bow. Possible the extra hole on the jump seat mounts on the wheel are for the wrong jump seat with a single bolt. That would make sense. The bend tube goes a different direction than the welded plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom