SOLD Long Island, NY - Built 1986 FJ60 - REDUCED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
A little background.

I bought my first FJ60 in 1999. It was bone stock. It was my first Land Cruiser but not my first Toyota… that would have been in 1974 with a 1973 Corolla GT, followed shortly by a 1975 Celica GT. I now own the 60, a 1978 FJ40 and a 1966 FJ45LV project. In any case I’ve been a Toyota guy for a long, long time.

I’m selling the 60 because I’m getting older and want to spend my time building the 45LV and doing more exploring and less wheeling.

Acquiring that 1985 FJ60 was the thing that initiated the formation, with my good friend Jon, of the Gotham City Land Cruisers and the first run of the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic in 1999.

I have been an active member of the TLCA and the LCML since 1999 and ih8mud (woytovich) for over 15 years. Years’ worth of build documentation is available here on ih8mud.

The truck for sale is my second FJ60, a 1986… sadly the first one lost the battle to rust. This 60 came to me as a recent transplant from California with virtually no rust - and I have been determined to keep it that way. Regular applications of FluidFilm have done that job well. Regular maintenance and service has been performed by me using Toyota parts and supplies where available: engine oil & filters, belts, hoses, brakes (fluid, rotors, calipers, pads, shoes), knuckle rebuilds, engine coolant, gear oil (transmission, transfer, ToyBox, diffs).

Modifications have always been carefully considered - obsessively so if you were to ask my friends. I’ve always tried to select the tried and true upgrades with the goal of maximizing performance and reliability with an eye towards staying “all Toyota” where possible. I take the time to dial in the details. The result is a truck that brings together what most would consider the best options available: solid (Jim C desmogged) 2F, Holley Sniper fuel injection, brand new H55f 5 speed, rebuilt transfer case, brand new ARB lockers and 4.56 diff gears, brand new Marlin ToyBox crawler case, new Longfield front axles and birfields, new M12k Warn winch, rebuilt steering box, new Saginaw power steering pump… to name the most obvious.

The truck is built to be a reliable, capable and comfortable rock crawler and it does that job very well, it just works.

1986 FJ60 Land Cruiser

This is a super clean rig with a LOT of extras. Everything works as it should, clean title, NYS registered and inspected. Very very well maintained. I have poured my heart and soul, blood, sweat and tears, and a ton of time and loving attention into this truck. It pains me to let it go but I'm turning 65 and my priorities are changing.

The upshot:
A hybrid, it combines comfort and capability
H55 5 speed + Split TC
Marlin ToyBox (4.7)
4.56 diffs + ARB lockers
38" Swampers on beadlocks
Holley Sniper Fuel Injection
Winch, bumpers, sliders, skid plate
Clean frame and body
Doors, windows, comfy seats, heat/AC and a good stereo
and a s***-ton more

$30,000

_A7A1641.JPG
_A7A1616.JPG
_A7A1632.JPG

Last edited:
This is such a well done rig. similar to mine, but, just better executed and in much better condition... it's so tempting..... so very tempting. considering the cost of good base rigs nowadays, this may be a smarter buy than the cost of a fresh truck and moving all my parts over to it.

This is such a well done rig. similar to mine, but, just better executed and in much better condition... it's so tempting..... so very tempting. considering the cost of good base rigs nowadays, this may be a smarter buy than the cost of a fresh truck and moving all my parts over to it.
PM sent

Any pictures of the back of the truck? Do you have the rear seats?

Meaning the bumper, rear hatch, etc. None of that is shown in the photos unless I just missed it.

Rear bumper was built to maximize departure angle. It is 4x2 steel tube and it tied into the quarter panel sliders and tubes. Quarters are cut up high and capped.More pics available... just tell me what you want to see.

_A7A1647.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom