SOLD Long Island: 1997 Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1147169869011950/
1997 FZJ-80 Landcruiser
Asking: $18,000
Purchased 2011 in San Diego, CA
100% stock when purchased
Sunroof without factory roof rack
Center diff lock only
Lived most of its life in Southern California then I moved to Pensacola Florida in 2011 for 4 years and now on Long Island NY since 2015.
Eastwood Internal frame coating in black applied 2019
Fluid Film coated undercarriage to prevent rust

Mods:
Engine rebuild top to bottom in 2019 (had low oil pressure at idle so went ahead and decided to rebuild before anything bad happend)
New plugs, wires, hoses, PHH fix with blue silicon, new heater control valve, new belts, blue fan clutch, new 3 core brass factory radiator (installed 2015)
LandTank Mass Air Flow sensor
Painted in 2019 'Hot Rod Black' matte black - original paint was gloss black - All dents removed when painted No Bondo
Door trim (door bumpers) coated with LineX 2019
Iron Man 50mm/2" Lift with foam cell shocks installed 2012
Wrangler DuraTrac 285/75/16 tires (1/2 tread left)
Stock wheels PlastiDip coated
Slee Shortbus bumper - LineX coated 2019
MetalTech 4x4 sliders - LineX coated 2019
San Diego Saun custom dual swingout rear bumper - LineX coated 2019 -new swing-out bearings installed 2019
IronPig Offorad Skidplate and cross-member
Custom Wood drawer system in the rear
Front Seats are Corbeau Sport Seats in black - new 2017
Front and Rear Escape Gear Seat covers
Covercraft Dash cover
Passenger dash grab handle
Center Diff lock switch - no Pin7 mod
High idle lock
Pioneer head unit with Apple Car Play installed 2020
New aftermarket speakers in all 4 doors
Whole Hog Tech 6061 aluminum 8" subwoofer mount installed in passenger rear quarter panel but no subwoofer ever installed
Slee headlight harness for Low/High/Aux lights
Slee upgraded high beam headlight bulbs
Lightforce HID auxillary lights
IBS-DBS dual battery system with controller
Factory 2nd battery mount
Slee washer bottle relocation
New washer bottle water pump -2019
Front knuckles rebuilt in 2012 all factory Toyota parts from CDan
All interior lights are LEDs
Marks 4wd speedo corrector in passenger foot well
YotaTech Antenna Mounts x2
3rd antenna mount on driver front fender
WitsEnd Stainless Steel bolt set for rear hatch -2019
WitsEnd Stainless steel bolt set for hood hinges -2019
WitsEnd center console liner kit -2019
WitsEnd drink holder cubby insert -2019
WeatherTech floor mats
Blue Ridge Overland gear LandCruiser Attic
Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover
New hood and Tailgate lift struts installed 2017
New Front brakes 2018
New Rear brakes 2020
White face gauges installed in cluster 2019
ScanGuage II mounted on dash near clock

Cons:
P0171 Check Engine - passed emissions and inspection in Nov 2020
Window tint is started to show age
Passenger side sunvisor doesn't want to stay in full up position so I hold it with a small piece of velcro

Other:
Original 3rd row seats included
I have photoman alternator bracket, plug and pulley set for 150 amp tundra alternator
5 Spare stock FJ80 16x8 wheels

DSC02068.jpg
DSC02093.jpg
DSC02098.jpg
DSC02073.jpg
DSC02111.jpg

Last edited:
After talking with some folks about delivery of cruiser I am willing to drive up to 500 miles to meet someone.

Last edited:
I've gotten a couple of the same questions now so just for the benefit of all.

How are seats and steering wheel under the covers?
Front seats are like new, they are only a couple years old. I bought brand new Corbeau Sport Seats after the driver power seat motor stopped working. There are a lot of fixes for that but I didn't like the stock seats anyway. The rear seats have some typical leather wear for a car this old. The uprights (backs) are in perfect condition and the part where your butt sits are perfect but the section towards the front where your thighs ride are dry and cracked. I kept leather conditioner on them but still have some wear. The steering wheel is in about 75% condition under the cover. It has a few spots that the leather is mostly worn through but no major tears and all the padding is still under there intact.

Do you have a video of a cold start?
I do not but I am happy to have a video call with you most anytime and I can walk around the car and under and do a cold start for you on camera live. I can do facetime, skype, zoom, webex or amazon chime whichever software you prefer. The motor only has about 3,000 miles since rebuild. It was a thorough rebuild and not just a freshen up.

Any other known mechanical issues and do you have service records?
The only other known issues would be the exhaust it is showing its age and has some decent rust behind the front passenger wheel. No leaks or holes but will need to be replaced in next couple years. I do have 99% of the service records. I keep a logbook in the car and have every tank of gas logged and all service done in the logbook plus nearly all the receipts since I've owned it. I have a 2+" stack of receipts to give the new owner.

I can provide the VIN if you want to run a carfax also

Great looking truck. You’re in my hometown too, so hope you find someone local. GLWS

Beautiful rig! Wouldn’t change a thing. Unfortunately not the best timing for me or it would have been gone already.

Beautiful rig! Wouldn’t change a thing. Unfortunately not the best timing for me or it would have been gone already.
Thanks Troops! New owner will be happy to have it in the dirt soon!

I see you are in NH it will be close to you as it is living in Vermont now. Keep your eyes out for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom