Lone Star Toyota Jamboree! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.toyotatrailriders.com
I've met a good share of y'all at the 2004 ICBM and last Spring's LSLC Round-up at Katemcy, so I wanted to offer a cordial invitation to this event:

Jambo_logo_sml.jpg

The Toyota Trail Riders are proud to announce that Driver Registration is now open for the Lone Star Toyota Jamboree! (Passenger registrations will be at the gate)

The event will be held at the Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area in Gilmer, TX from January 19th – 22nd.

This is a non-profit, TLCA sanctioned event for the purpose of raising funds for Texas Motorized Trails Coalition (TMTC) and to promote camaraderie among all Toyota off-road enthusiasts. This is shaping up to be the largest gathering of Toyota off-road enthusiasts and vendors ever held in Texas!

In order for this to be as successful and fun as it can be we are asking for Driver Registration now. This will enable us to better solicit sponsorships and prizes as well as plan for the event and the meal.

Please go here: Lone Star Toyota Jamboree and register today!

If you encounter any problems please let us know.
registration@lonestartoyotajamboree.com

If you have questions or want to keep up with current information, you can visit us here: http://www.toyotatrailriders.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Registration will close January 12th, after then registration will be at the gate.

I know it's a haul, but I'll save some Shiner for you (extra if you bring firewood again!)

Here’s the Itinerary for Saturday, January 21st

Beginning at 8:00AM Saturday, we will park near the Pavilion (south of the rock garden) for a group picture to be used for both thanking the Sponsors and for the 4WDTO magazine. At 8:30 will be a mandatory driver's meeting at the Pavilion. The organized, 'guided' runs will begin no later than 9:00AM.

After lunch we will meet back up at the Pavilion at 1:00PM to start the planned events. These will be fun events with something for everyone:

A “Time Trial” trail run utilizing staggered starts, winner has best time through a trail (course to be announced at the event to prevent pre-running:)).

A "Trust Your Spotter" blind folded run. Another timed event, this will to be easy to moderate run through Clyde's Ravine!

A “Powder Puff” run, so the wives/GF’s who don't ever get to wheel have the opportunity to compete on a light trail with a Trail Guide leading the group.

At 4:00PM, the “Lone Star Challenge” will start as the highlight of the competition. A timed event as well, there will be two challenges: Jeep Eater (a 3 Diamond) for the level 1 & 2 trucks, and Scorpion's Pass (a 4-5 Diamond) for the level 2 & 3 trucks. Jeep Eater has changed somewhat over the past year, it is relatively milder. Open/Open can make it with a combination of skill & effort. Prizes and Plaques for event winner!

During the afternoon there is a new FJ Cruiser scheduled to appear courtesy of Gulf States Toyota, and demonstration rides will be offered!

Around 6:00PM, we’ll meet at the Pavilion for Texas style BBQ, some awards & honorable mentions and of course, the raffle!

Then we all can rest, repair & prepare for the night runs!

Toyota Trail Riders will be providing a keg o' Shiner at Old Camp Friday night.

Bring plenty of film (and parts), this promises to be a blast for vehicles and drivers of every level!

The Park will open Thursday night....

Any of you who haven't been to Gilmer should go. It's not far past DFW, so you can do the trip in about 7 hrs, IIRC. It is a lot of fun. Pleanty of trails for new wheelers, pleanty harder stuff.

Thanks for the invite, Chris!

euclid said:
Any of you who haven't been to Gilmer should go. It's not far past DFW, so you can do the trip in about 7 hrs, IIRC. It is a lot of fun. Pleanty of trails for new wheelers, pleanty harder stuff.

Thanks for the invite, Chris!
No problem! Like I said, I know it's a haul, but well worth the trip. And like you said, there is something for everyone. The guided runs Saturday morning promise to show you parts of the Mountain you haven't seen. Lots of guys go there and get in the rut of drivinf the same 6 or 7 trails, but there are som many more to see!

And I promise you, the blindfold challenge is an absolute riot! The event challenge up Scorpion's pass is pretty hairy, but sure to be a crowd pleaser. If the trail is too gnarly, we may opt for Dewoody, which is a teensy bit milder... :D

Looking forward to seeing y'all again!

I assume you are asking me. I would like to go, but probably won't for budget reasons. I would consider riding with someone...

ps40-2 said:
You goin'?

Me and the Killa' are going unless the Govt. has us on a "super secret undercover mission" If that is the case we will airdrop our rigs in ASAP and join the fun.

later,

This is the weekend after the proposed MLK Tellico trip and a 16 hour drive from here so this year it is highly unlikely. Oh well, maybe next year.

If I make this trip, I might be requesting to crash somewhere in MS.
I have my own blow up bed...

euclid said:
It's not far past DFW

It is way before DFW. Sometimes you have to listen to what Greg tries to say.;)

Thanks for your kindness. What I was trying to say was it ain't that far.

jesterb said:
It is way before DFW. Sometimes you have to listen to what Greg tries to say.;)

Yall might want to think about this one. This is probably the cheapest wheeling trip you will make! Sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefuly it won't be muddy. Barnwell isn't pretty when it's muddy.

Later,

Well I have to bring this one back up top for further updating.

So far attendance by the CLC will be:
Bodean
Trained Killa-:beer:
Doc A
FJ60guy
Tom (J##P Guy)
Euclid
LandSpeeder
Sagamo
Sani;)
William;)

If anyone interested reads this & wants to go let us know. There will be room for you to ride & plenty of fun in TX. why turn down Cruisers :beer:Cruisers :beer:Cruisers :beer: !

You all on the fence get off & make a trip!

Last edited:
fj60guy said:
Well I have to bring this one back up top for further updating.

So far attendance by the CLC will be:
Bodean
Trained Killa-:beer:
Doc A
FJ60guy
Tom (J##P Guy)
Euclid
LandSpeeder
Sagamo
Sani:confused:
William;)

If anyone interested reads this & wants to go let us know. There will be room for you to ride & plenty of fun in TX. why turn down Cruisers :beer:Cruisers :beer:Cruisers :beer: !

You all on the fence get off & make a trip!

Sorry I won't be there. Dealing with the beginning of the semester and finances.

bh

Working on shuffling my schedule around, looking good. Now all i need is to put in my front 3rd member !!:grinpimp: any volunteers?

OK-bring it to the shop & we can put it in BUT,
if we install it you have to go to the event.
:bounce:

Oh yea, are you think about Doc pulling it out there on Friday?

Have not spoken to Doc about transportation, but I'f he's good with it, i'm game.
Give me a time and place and i'll be there with 3rd member and parking brake parts.

May even arrange for a couple of local hotties to meet us at the ride!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom