Logans Run 2019 - Volunteers Needed - TRAIL LEADERS. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com
TRAIL LEADERS NEEDED!!

Please send me a note asap if you're interested in helping!

Last edited:
Is it at Group Camp and not Shadowlands? Anyway, I dont know yet if I can commit, the National Land Rover Expo has me doing training there, they booked in March so I cant back out. But.... I heard the event may not happen. Secret, dont tell anyone. Then I will be free

Better hope they do because bullet point #1 basically reads “need @Izzyandsue”

Is it at Group Camp and not Shadowlands? Anyway, I dont know yet if I can commit, the National Land Rover Expo has me doing training there, they booked in March so I cant back out. But.... I heard the event may not happen. Secret, dont tell anyone. Then I will be free
Yes. Group Camp

Good to know - wasn't aware they were outlawed.

Looks like we've got the trivia and education parts covered, would be great to hear some suggestions/volunteers for photography and videography.

Would also like to hear if anyone has suggestions on sponsors both corporate or local. Thanks!

I really would love to do the photography and videography, but sadly I’m going to be gone all year. Count me in for that job in 2020!

@jamesurq I'm always on-board for photos. I'll just need to make sure I'll be able to do it this time around with the new little guy. I may also need to plan around school.

Keep in mind that drones are no bueno in the Forest, so that particular expertise would have to be utilized off site.

Just in case anyone reads / searches this later... Drones are OK in Uwharrie as of Logan's Run 2019.

I asked the camp host who called Uwharrie law enforcement (different than the ranger) and confirmed it is OK.

There are still the normal FAA rules against flying over people, line of sight, near fire/emergency operations etc. but it's OK to fly in general.

Yep - checked the US Forestry and they confirmed that the US National Parks outlawed them, but the US National Forests did not.

MQ-1_Predator,_armed_with_AGM-114_Hellfire_missiles.jpg

Sweet. I've been wanting to try out my new drone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom