locks. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok... The lock in my liftgate is broken, fortunately in the locked position. I've got one extra door lock cylinder with brand new keys.

THe question is: has anyone ever had a truck re-keyed, and is it outrageously expensive?

-m

I had an ignition cylinder keyed to match my doors, had keys cut from the cylinder and I think it was around $30. Are you talking about having the lock rekeyed to match the rest of the locks in your truck or the actual install?

i'm not sure exactly how it's broken, but when i found that my tailgate lock was just frozen due to sitting/non use and needed a good shot of WD40 and all was good again. my truck seemed to have gatherd more than it's share of dust and grime in every possible nook and crany possible.

just in case, could save you some $$$.

of course if it's really jacked, then this info is completely useless.

good luck,
matt

i'm thinking about having all of the existing locks rekeyed to the new lock,

and... i've tried everything in the liftgate, wd-40, pb, etc... no luck...

why not just have a new lock put in the back and re-key it to match your ignition/doors? save you some $$ - unless you know a locksmith...

rob

also - btw - i had exact same problem. ordered a new rear hatch lock and had it rekeyed to match my doors/ign.

partly want to re-key because i've got two brand new oem keys with this extra lock i've got. all the keys for my current locks are various worn copies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom