Locking rear diff? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking a at a 2000 LC and have read the stuff on Slee's website that says in 2000 that the rear diff lock was no longer an option. I notice that there is a switch/button that has the for tires with the front ones turned and an x in the middle, what is this for? The button is usually located just to the loft of the AC controls.

Center diff lock.

kinda what I thought, thanks. Ive never used a center diff lock, how does that differ from the regular locking rear diff?

Differential locks lock each axle 1/2 together. The center differential lock ("CDL") locks each drive shaft (front and rear) together.

Thanks for the clarification.

Just to throw this out there, you can always add lockers to the 100 of your choice. Don't let that be a deal breaker if you don't mind adding ARB lockers to it.

I am looking a at a 2000 LC and have read the stuff on Slee's website that says in 2000 that the rear diff lock was no longer an option. I notice that there is a switch/button that has the for tires with the front ones turned and an x in the middle, what is this for? The button is usually located just to the loft of the AC controls.

Answer to a similar question from a while back: https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/432911-new-lc-owner.html#post6068326

Your Landcruiser has A-Trac which is an electronically controlled traction aid that works at all 4 corners on your truck. This was added in 2000. Because of this, the rear locker was no longer an option. There are many opinions as to which combination is the better of the two, however in the end the way your truck is today it is very capable. I personally would prefer Atrac vs the rear locker. Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom