locking hub interchange? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
What interchanges?

Aisin hubs from solid axle mini trucks and fine spline (birfield) 40s and all 60s and 62s are all the same I think... yes?

What about IFS mini truck locking hubs?

Thanks

Aisin hubs from solid axle mini trucks and fine spline (birfield) 40s and all 60s and 62s are all the same I think... yes?

Exception to this is the longer bodied lock out that was used on the 08/75 to 12/78 40/55 series, as the outer axle stub is longer, and requires a longer lock out body.....and can be seen HERE <---- this is a link

How about the lockout hubs on the IFS mini trucks... what are they?

They are IFS mini-truck lockouts.

I have heard of people changing the drive gear inside the lockout so that it will work with the 30 spline Land Cruiser/Solid Axle Mini outer stub, but I have not done it myself, and I have also heard that this does not work.

So, again, for certain, they are mini-truck lockouts.

I have heard of people changing the drive gear inside the lockout so that it will work with the 30 spline Land Cruiser/Solid Axle Mini outer stub, but I have not done it myself, and I have also heard that this does not work.

Longfield sells the part, so he must think it works.

HubGearsPhoto.jpg

Here's the best picture I've seen comparing different hubs, especially showing the difference between the long and short body aisin hubs.

I actually found a set of the long-body hubs and I'm working on getting them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Because the one in the link posted is so vauge..... ;)

attachment.php

Just got off the phone with a guy that tried to install the Longfield chromo gear into an IFS lockout body, and it works fine locked, but when you try to unlock the lockout, the engagement gear does not move out of the way enough to clear the drive gear. He is going to bring me the lockout body this weekend and I will measure it, and compare it to the other OEM lockout bodies that I have, along with the Chromo Longfield lockout gears that I have in stock.

:beer:

Exception to this is the longer bodied lock out that was used on the 08/75 to 12/78 40/55 series, as the outer axle stub is longer, and requires a longer lock out body.....

Does this mean that if you changed to short outer axle stubs that the short lockout hubs would then fit? I have a 1978 FJ55 front axle to eventually rebuild and am considering replacing the mismatched pair of hubs that are now on it. I am concerned about the availability of replacement long hubs.

Thanks
Don

Exception to this is the longer bodied lock out that was used on the 08/75 to 12/78 40/55 series, as the outer axle stub is longer, and requires a longer lock out body.....

Does this mean that if you changed to short outer axle stubs that the short lockout hubs would then fit?

Yes.

do you have the new lockout gears for the ifs hubs to measure.

Just got off the phone with a guy that tried to install the Longfield chromo gear into an IFS lockout body, and it works fine locked, but when you try to unlock the lockout, the engagement gear does not move out of the way enough to clear the drive gear. He is going to bring me the lockout body this weekend and I will measure it, and compare it to the other OEM lockout bodies that I have, along with the Chromo Longfield lockout gears that I have in stock.

:beer:
gear [800x600].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom