Locking Hub (Aisin) Won't Seat after Upgrade to FJ60 Birfield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not all Birfield are equal length on certain year. Will find out eventually. Maybe 60 and 40 are not the same inter-changable parts due to different year. I have to talk to the Landcruiser experts.

You are.
Not all Birfield are equal length on certain year. Will find out eventually. Maybe 60 and 40 are not the same inter-changable parts due to different year. I have to talk to the Landcruiser experts.

I guess working on Land Cruiser's and owning them for 42 years, parting out well over 100 of them, building quite a few, and actually wheeling them does not qualify as an expert?

I guess working on Land Cruiser's and owning them for 42 years, parting out well over 100 of them, building quite a few, and actually wheeling them does not qualify as an expert?

Saved.

:beer:

Only 29 years here of living the Land Cruiser...

You have not done yourself any favors...people are trying to help you.

Poser and Pardion are as expert as it gets here. If you still need more proof on what they are saying here's Jim C and Beno weighing in on the same subject starting at post #492

November 1968 FJ-40 Project

I followed the direction of this forum on my build and installed the 60 birfs onto my inner axles and will be able to use the short Aisin lockouts.

He definitely has the longer outer birfs.
I am at the same stage of my knuckle rebuild and while I wait for my Warn rebuild kit, here is my measurement.

As you can tell, the measurement looks the same.
IMG_5096.JPG

My Apologizes To All......I read the tape wrong or wrote down my measurement wrong. I wrote that the axle stuck out 1 1/8" from the spindle, and that is bad information. It is 1 5/8" for the long locking hub. Sorry for the mis information especially to the OP and all. And that was my first beer of the day. John Pardi

You are.

I deleted the posts that I gave some wrong measurements, sorry for the confusion. John

I had my laser cutter make me some for a LX450 I was installing a part-time kit into the tcase and longs and chromo gears into the front axle.

Not something I would do again.

I eventually modified the length of the Long and called it good.

Curious what your hangup was on the spacer Steve. Worried about sheering studs?

Fwiw "X" needs to be approx 26-27mm in order to run a standard body AISIN hub. If you're ~35-36mm you'll need the long body hub or WARN, Selectro, etc.

AISIN HUB MEASURE DIAGRAM.GIF

This applies to the common AISIN FHT1-16 bodies and OE Toyota variants. Unfortunately AISIN doesn't continue to manufacture the ASCO "Long Body" hub.

HUBAISIN.jpg

Reactions: SMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom