Locking hitch pin for stock hitch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use a 3.00 Walmart pin ( : Works very well.

What are you hauling and where are you going that needs that type of security?

I had a friend a few years ago that went into a store and when he came out someone had stolen his trailer, drop bar and all. Not really hauling anything extremely valuable, but I would rather not replace my trailer.

Wow, that would suck.

Then do this Josh, buy a 3.00 walmart pin, drill a hole in the end and put in a master lock. 10.00 at most ( :

And that way you can have a locking and non locking ( :

Yeah, I guess that would work...didn't even think of that. My friend was so pissed. He had just gotten the trailer not long before and paid a good amount for it.

On a side note, be glad you didn't bring your 100 out Sunday. The beginning of the trail would have crunched it bad. I scraped my front and rear bumpers(with the clearance of 4.5" lift and 36's) and my PS flares.

Ouch, I was forewarned so...I took the advice

Not to get off the subject, but how was it? I just do not see how a non lifted 40 with 31"s can do that type of run.???

Well, the minimum truck there was Pete and he had 33" BFG at's so it wasn't exactly a stocker run. John was there from L'ville with 33's and RJ came with his rig on 38's. The sheer size of my truck was the main issue, but only at the first part of the trail. I had no rocker clearance problems or problems with the mud. Pete and John each needed one tug though due to mud and at tires. The trail was awesome and the weather was awesome. Did you get your steering figured out?

So, only 4 of you?

Yes, steering is finished. I actually found some mating lines on the pitman arm and NO leaks from the PS conversion!!!!

Now I just have to get this damn carb issue straight and I will be good to go next time.

Just the 4 of us. Thom rode with RJ because he was having brake issues and John brought a friend. Are you coming to the meeting on the 30th?

Yes, I will be there.

Great bunch of guys.

Hopefully my carb will be good to go then. I think ti will. If not, the 100 goes.

Thom warned me BIG time about that first pass. He said go ahead and plan on body damage if you take the 100.

That bums me out if that is the only trails they run in that area. I would hate to think you have to have a swb all of the time.

The width was the only real issue with the first part. It is off camber and with my width it put me into the dirt wall. They were going to hit more trails after that one but it kinda fizzled out.

So, there are more trails than that i.e. trails that do not enter from that point?

Oh yeah...there are TONS of trails down there. There was a guy WAY back in there in a Disco, and I know he didn't come the same way we did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom