Locking gas cap 68 fj40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! I’m trying to purchase a locking gas cap for my 1968 fj40. Anybody know a part number or where to find one? I believe the earlier fj40s had different size/threads etc… Thanks!

Years ago I bought an OEM locking gas cap from SOR…. Sure it was under $20. With shipping close to $800 is ridiculous.

LITP this should read more like this…

“Years ago I bought an OEM locking gas cap from SOR… Sure it was under $20…However with SOR shipping charges it certainly felt like $800 back then” :meh:

:)

LITP this should read more like this…

“Years ago I bought an OEM locking gas cap from SOR… Sure it was under $20…However with SOR shipping charges it certainly felt like $800 back then” :meh:

:)

Actually don't remember it being that bad in the mid nineties. Pretty sure I bought a late FJ55 rod to lower the spare tire and shipping wasn't that bad. Back in 1994 when I bought my 73 FJ40 FST I bought a Kayline top from Man-A-Fre. Top was $400 and $30 to ship. Wanted a extra $20 for three day shipping. I skipped the extra $20 and it arrived in two days.

Hi! I’m trying to purchase a locking gas cap for my 1968 fj40. Anybody know a part number or where to find one? I believe the earlier fj40s had different size/threads etc… Thanks!

i have never had a pre -1973 locking gas cap ?

BEWARE of counterfeits on EBAY and such

if the keys do NOT have TEq logos on them like the tech examples below there FAKE

BMP was never a oem KEY

fyi

69510-60010 1.jpg

BELOW is a FAKE BMP one

SYS is china crap fake

you can say reproduction , but much depends on how a seller presents it honestly ..........

fyi

s-l1600 (8).jpg
s-l1600 (12).jpg
s-l1600.png

Here's my original oem unit on my '69. Key is same as ignition and doors. My little swivel cover broke off unfortunately. Also, mine is attached via a coated steel cable instead of a chain.

i-rGZPWTD-XL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom