Locking Diff's in 92? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only the center locking diff, which was standard on all 80's, switch for 91-92, no switch (automatic) for 93+ (but you can add the switch for more control). Locking fr/rr diffs are 93+, look for the rotary switch to the left of the steering column, on the dash.

EDIT: Just looked at the ad, another way to tell it doesn't have them is, anytime you see the 4runner 15" wheels it will not have fr/rr diff locks.

What do you mean by so so tranny in the 4 runner? Lack of power? It is like a cousin of the LC tranny very stout for a vehicle of that size. Toyota autos are pretty good dependability wise.

ginericfj80 said:
What do you mean by so so tranny in the 4 runner? Lack of power? It is like a cousin of the LC tranny very stout for a vehicle of that size. Toyota autos are pretty good dependability wise.

I was reading Consumer reports - and they said that the 4Runner had a weak tranny - I am just coming into this whole 80 thing - the 60 has a NV4500 and the stock 4speed is great in my 40 - well the clutch sounds like a bird while she is warming up...

Thanks guys -

Didn't know that FJ80s came with leather option. On another note (certainly not talking you into a 4Skinner), but I really like the looks of a 3rd gen. 4Runner lifted and with big tires.

Looks like mine. Mine has leather too. :grinpimp:

I dont feel at all bad for what I paid for mine and its just under what that one is. Aussie lockers will surely do anything she needs them too. Hell.....my lokrite gets me around very well. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom