Locking Chirp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure what I did but I managed to make my locking chirp not work anymore. It chirps twice when I unlock the car with the fob but no chirp when I press the lock button. The car does lock, just no chirp.

Tried looking for it on the manual but no luck. Driving me nuts trying to figure this out.

If you figure this out please post what you did. This doesn't sound common but could be good info to have documented if someone else runs across this in the future.

Not sure what I did but I managed to make my locking chirp not work anymore. It chirps twice when I unlock the car with the fob but no chirp when I press the lock button. The car does lock, just no chirp.

Tried looking for it on the manual but no luck. Driving me nuts trying to figure this out.
Let us know if the suggested fix works?

On my 2013, I go to setup, vehicle, vehicle customization, door lock settings, then scroll down to lock/unlock feedback tone.

What year is your Lc?

On my 2013, I go to setup, vehicle, vehicle customization, door lock settings, then scroll down to lock/unlock feedback tone.

But that would apply to both unlock and lock correct? OP states a chirp on unlock but no chirp on lock.

I think its the drivers side locking mechanism, its getting stuck. I played with it a little to loosen it and it works now. Looks like I’m going to have to replace the actuator or actuator motor in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom