lockers

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by cruisin84, Jun 26, 2005.

1. cruisin84

cruisin84

lock it up or dont what are yalls suggestions and what ones to get?

2. lovetoski

lovetoski SILVER Star

All depends on how you want to use your rig. The FAQ up on the top of the forum has a posting regarding lockers. Also, the search function will bring up lots and lots of info on this topic. There is a lot of info already posted - probably more than a 6 pac worth of reading.

3. Man Jerk

Man Jerk

lock it. Aussie's or lock-rites work well in the back. If you don't have to worry much about travel on ice or snow they would work fine up front. If you do need to worry about ice/snow travel go with an arb.

4. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

ARB's.

Aussie/EZ lockers work great as a temporary solution.

I have one ARB, and one EZ in my 40. It will be two ARB's as soon as that is fiscally possible. :D

5. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    yes, lock it. it makes a Huge difference. if the money's not there, go aussie locker...i've got two and am pleased...i have three friends that have them and they're all pleased. if i had the cash, arb definitely so you could turn it off, but i'm poor.

6. hullendersauce

hullendersauce

save yur $...go with ARB!

7. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

If your TLc is your DD go with ARB or any selectable locker, but in other hand if your TLC is yor Toy you can go perfect with ausie, or better for me with some Detroit Locker .. ( soft locker )

8. WALoeIII

WALoeIII

I think the move is to get FJ80 E-Lockers. Less to break, and can be disengaged with a 9V battery if all the wiring fails (can't do that with an ARB!). It does require that you have a full float rear, but they're cheap and a FF rear is sweet because you get rear disc brakes anyways. I say do it right, once.

Edit: The Lockers are cheap (compared to ARBs), not the FF rear.

9. WALoeIII

WALoeIII

10. Man Jerk

Man Jerk

Buy what you can afford. It is a lot more fun to wheel when you have a locker. I've been daily driving my 60 with an aussie lock in the back for almost 2 years without issue.

11. toy60

toy60

Yeah What nuclearlemon said!!

12. HZJ60 Guy

HZJ60 Guy Tank Buster

Ive had dual ARB's in my last four rigs. Honestly I cant say that I use them all the time, but when I DO need them they pay for themselves every single time. Ive had lock rites before and Ill never have them again. They are dangerous in anything other than dry conditions. Sure there will be people who disagree, that's fine but listen to both opinions. Rain/ice/snow, I dont want a non selectable locker in those conditions. That's just my opinion.

13. Tapage

Automatic lockers have this knowed problems over slippery surfaces .. more since sharp bend roads.

I thought all is driving habit .. and if can learn it, and remember all time, just fine.

14. Biff

Biff

Actually you can, all you need is to remove the air hose and pump a blast of compressed air onto the pumpkin. I've done this with my CO2 canister several times. Now if you don't have air your screwed, and in that case the e locker has the advantage.

15. beaner

beaner

yeah, arb's are great. i broke 2 rear detroits and couldn't steer worth a s*** with lockrite in front. now there's an arb in front and back. saves your tires also. you can do quite a bit of wheelin' without being locked. nice to know you can lock with a push of a button.

16. HZJ60 Guy

HZJ60 Guy Tank Buster

I actually like wheelin open. It's challenging and is easier on your running gear. Then when you need them "push" and youre locked up baby.

17. Tapage

I thought when you are a new owner of ARB, your really enjoy it, you know .. go open untel you really need to be locked, and you rig go over step in performace, with only a button .. :D

So sad, that any other selectable locker company are interested in TLC market.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.