Locker switch locations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Almost on the road with much help from many on here and a lot of reading great posts with excellent advice. About to drop in the ARB rear locker and hope she goes like I’ve dreamed since the beginning of my busted knuckle journey.
Looking for some advice or ideas on where to put the locker switches.
Much appreciated and thanks a million for any pics/ideas.

If you don't have a radio' that area works or if you have a smittybilt console between the seats the front area below the arm pad makes a easy move of the hand to engage the rear

I like em just under dash to the right of the e-brake handle.

No radio just yet. Gotta make sure it holds together and does what it needs to before I spend $ on such frivolous options like a radio,center console, good seats, seat belts, shocks, leaf springs etc etc. Locker some how was top of the list right after getting it running. Priorities have always been a problem of mine. I think I like the console idea best but just not there yet. Hoping with fingers crossed I’ll get there. May be selling I nice rear axle in the near future along with a bunch of other stuff that fell off! 😂

Strongly suggest you build/rebuild your suspension to what you want and then get lockers.
Strongly suggest you build/rebuild your suspension to what you want and then get lockers.
Too late and it’s next on the list. As a carpenter and a dreamer, I’ve always been told to build from the bottom up. Just having some fun putting it all together.
On that note: What springs and shocks should I go with for a 78 on 33”s with SOA?

My compressor and front & rear locker switches are all mounted on a blank faceplate where the stock AM radio would mount. But, I mounted them next to each other and now wish I had some space between them. When I’m in the middle of a technical trail and having to use them a lot, I regularly accidentally hit a wrong one (mostly when I’m at some extreme angle or other jostle)

I put mine in a plate that replaced my ash tray, since I don't smoke.

IMG_1006.JPG

Is there anything you don’t have installed on your 40... ?😆

An ash tray ... :grinpimp:

Seriously though, there are still a few things I'd like to add - a hand throttle, a Holley Sniper; could probably come up with few more.

No power steering, but I don't really feel the need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom