Locker Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Report as promised.

Grizzly locker is extremely smooth and quiet. Not much to report it works great. Pretty much only starts locking/unlocking enough to even notice when the center is locked.
AutoLocker+CDL Button+7Pin in these rigs give you a pretty darn affordable locked rear + 4wd.... or something like that. Not s electable, but gives you some control over it. But you knew that :)

AutoLocker+CDL Button+7Pin in these rigs give you a pretty darn affordable locked rear + 4wd.... or something like that. Not s electable, but gives you some control over it. But you knew that :)
Yes, luckily I have a 93 so I have the CDL button already.

The locker pretty much doesn’t do anything notable until you go to proper 4WD, then it starts doing its thing. Perfect fit for an 80 series I think.

Yes, luckily I have a 93 so I have the CDL button already.

The locker pretty much doesn’t do anything notable until you go to proper 4WD, then it starts doing its thing. Perfect fit for an 80 series I think.
I went this route and then an locked oem front axle with magic dial for front. Was very happy.

ARB's for the semi-float drum axles have a weaker differential than the full floats. You have to be able to get into the diff to put the c clips on the shafts so there are two gears instead of four on the FF. Several lockers only have two gears so they aren't as strong as possible but you don't need a different model for the later axles.

ARB's for the semi-float drum axles have a weaker differential than the full floats. You have to be able to get into the diff to put the c clips on the shafts so there are two gears instead of four on the FF. Several lockers only have two gears so they aren't as strong as possible but you don't need a different model for the later axles.

There are 3 spider gears in a semi-float ARB. I'm sure it's a little weaker than the 4-pinion FF variant, but still much stronger than the factory open diff ever was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom