Locker install in San Diego area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking at adding lockers to my 05 LX. I’m in the San Diego area. Is there a ”go to” shop in the area for this kind of work? I’m comfortable doing most work on my LX but would rather leave this to a professional shop.

CiD

I’m looking at adding lockers to my 05 LX. I’m in the San Diego area. Is there a ”go to” shop in the area for this kind of work? I’m comfortable doing most work on my LX but would rather leave this to a professional shop.

CiD
Check out Pro Gear Differential, some other members here have recommended them.

Pro Gear Differential Parts & Service in San Diego, California - https://progearaxles.com/
7948 Ronson Road

San Diego, CA 92111

(858)571-1158

Taking my 05 LX in to Pro Gear next week for front and rear lockers. Now I’m wondering if I should regear while they’re in there. Anyone have any input? I’m not using my LX for rock crawling but on occasion I do get in some situations where lockers are needed. I also need to do at least a hundred miles of freeway to get Offroad most of the time.

If you have 33-35” AT or MT tires regear-4.88 it will improve your driveability especially if you live in hilly area or drive mountains. Helps better control low range operation as well.

I recall a member here had a lot of dramas with a gear installer shop in the San Diego area- sorry I don’t recall which but maybe search the forum. The shop didn’t get the set up right and trashed the gears.

Be sure who ever you use is proficient and experienced specially with Toyota carrier set up and gear installs-

Last edited:
Taking my 05 LX in to Pro Gear next week for front and rear lockers. Now I’m wondering if I should regear while they’re in there. Anyone have any input? I’m not using my LX for rock crawling but on occasion I do get in some situations where lockers are needed. I also need to do at least a hundred miles of freeway to get Offroad most of the time.
Yes, you should regear. Doing it together will only cost the additional $800 in parts while later will be at least $2k additional plus the parts.

I was skeptical at first because I “thought” mine drive fine with stock gearing, but afterwards I am happy I chose to do it. Pickup around town is way better with less down shifting on hills.

Here’s a thread with some local knowledge in SD for gear installs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom