locker in 2wd tundra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone here put a locker in a 2wd tundra? I know, I know, I can here the snickers.....

it's paid for

Hit up www.tundrasolutions.com and do a search. There are a lot of guys that have modded their Tundra's heavily, including SAS in the front end.

I saw your thread on POR4x4 and didn't say anything. The Tundra has a 8.25(210mm) rear end. This means that people with Non-TRD tacomas have modded them as well. You have multiple options; TRD LSD(Clutch style LSD), Detroit TruTrac (Gear Driven LSD),Powertraxx Lockright, Powertraxx No-Slip are the ones I can think of off the top of my head that will fit.

Cheapest Place for TRD LSD is:
www.trdparts4u.com and tell them you are a TTORA member

Cheapest Lockers and Detroit LSD is:
www.performanceoffroadcenter.com and tell Alex or Colby that Kyle from TTORA sent you for a small discount.

if I am following you, you're suggesting go with the OEM parts (trd lsd). I was considering the arb, but I am not set on it, just looking for suggestions

LSD works all the time, under all driving conditions.

Locker doesn't and mechanical lockers ruin your driveability on the street and selectable lockers are great during hardcore wheeling.

You have a 2wd, so I don't understand the need for a locker.

BTW, the LSD in my brothers 2wd Tundra works great.

You really don't need a locker for what you are doing. An LSD would suit you fine. I'll go ahead and tell you this. Clutch style LSDs(TRD) will need to be replaced with the pucks wear down and you will need to add friction additives to your gear oil for them to grip. Gear driven LSDs (Detroit Tru-Trac) will never need to be replaced and has better grip capabilities w/o the additives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom