Locker for LJ71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can any one recommend a rear locker for LJ71 RHD, Bundera, fitted with 2LT engine? If possible pls do advise part #s.

Regards
Sajid

Hi All:

Greetings!

Can you tell us the year of production of this truck? Can you tell us the axle code on the plate in the engine compartment?

This information will make it easier to suggest answers to your question.

Regards,

Alan

Hi All:

Greetings!

Can you tell us the year of production of this truck? Can you tell us the axle code on the plate in the engine compartment?

This information will make it easier to suggest answers to your question.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan

Year of production is 1987. Attached pls see picture of the vin plate. Is this what you needed?

Sajid
VIN.JPG

How about an ARB RD 23 if you are int a selectable locker

How about an ARB RD 23 if you are int a selectable locker

Heard ARB's are the best in business and I would not mind having one but they are some what expensive.

By the way what is a "selectable locker" ?

What about a mechnical aussie locker? are they any good? that is if there is one suitable for an lj?

A selectable locker can be turned on to (lock) and unlock from a swtch in the cab.

ARB is my choice also,
I did also think that they are too expensive for my budjet, but now I got two of them, front and rear.:p
And I have been satisfied (as lons as compressor works)

Ok, so ARB is the "the locker" to have.. and i guess I will go for it.

thanks for all your help.

sajid

ARB Lockers, well they seem bit pricey. So are there any other options as far as lockers are concerned? how about mechnical lockers?

Sajid

Hi All:

"Sagidd," there are other options besides the the ARB Air Locker (which is one of the best choices.)

The LockRite automatic locking differential (also copied as the "Aussie locker" and the E-ZLocker") is an effective diff unit that is inexpensive while also being rather easy to install.

If you search here on MUD for "Lockrite" or "Aussie locker" you will find lots of information.

All that said, I've been running a genuine LockRite in the rear axle of my FJ40 for several years now (six?) with no issues!

Good luck!

Alan

How about TJM Air Lockers?? They seems to be simillar to ARB's . Anyone knows them??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom