Locker actuator unlock out of axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so I had a rear locker actuator that quit working. So I removed it from vehicle and tinkered with it to see what was wrong. So I put it back together and plugged it into the harness to see if it would work. I did not bolt it up to the axle, just plugged it in. Flipped the switch and the actuator arm came out like it should. Now though when I turn the locker off the actuator doesn’t retract. It stayed out as if it was locked. is it supposed to do that? Doesn’t seem right.

Put jumpers on it to see if you can force it to unlock. Positive to terminal 2 and negative to terminal 3 will signal unlock.

If applying power doesn’t work directly, the connections in the actuator motor may still be dirty/corroded.

Put jumpers on it to see if you can force it to unlock. Positive to terminal 2 and negative to terminal 3 will signal unlock.

If applying power doesn’t work directly, the connections in the actuator motor may still be dirty/corroded.
Which ones are terminal 2 and 3?

483F817F-E4EC-42DD-B61A-D3D048ED5D40.jpeg

Blank is terminal 1, the next two in the top row are 2 & 3, so the upper two in your picture.

Sounds like a connection is still not good in the actuator, probably need to remove and disassemble to clean again. I supposed another possibility would be that the assembly was not clocked correctly when it was put back together so pay special attention to that on disassembly.

I read somewhere the actuators and lockers are timed and have to both be set to open or locked when installing. I would search around other threads.

Front has to be clocked correctly, I did not think the back matters as it is push pull, not rotational.

I read somewhere the actuators and lockers are timed and have to both be set to open or locked when installing. I would search around other threads.
the actuator is not currently in the axle. Trying to trouble shoot on work bench.

Sounds like a connection is still not good in the actuator, probably need to remove and disassemble to clean again. I supposed another possibility would be that the assembly was not clocked correctly when it was put back together so pay special attention to that on disassembly.
What 2 do I need to jump to get it to lock?

Did you get it to lock?
I hate to admit it but I’ve got a bunch of stuff going on and didn’t have time to keep messing with it. So I ordered I new one. It still doesn’t lock as quick as the front does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom