Locked out of the house-- Land Cruiser saves the day.

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by PolterGeist, Jul 25, 2005.

1. PolterGeist

PolterGeist

Well, it did in a roundabout kinda way...

We have a house guest staying with us... This evening, since it's about 145 degrees here, my wife and I went to Rockford to get some ice cream at this place we have heard rave reviews about. (It was damn good ice cream)

House guest got home while we were gone and put the chain on the door... We got home, and I dropped my wife off in front of the house, cause I had to go call on a friend...

I came home an hour later, and she was pissed. Locked out, had to pee really bad, tried yelling, banging on the door... person just would not wake up. She tried using a stick to get the chain off.... She couldn't call me, the police or a locksmith since all the neighbors are asleep and there are NO payphones around here and she left her cell inside....

I finally got home. SHe was going ballistic... I went to the cruiser and got a set of bolt cutters out and cut the chain off the door...

OK, the Land Crusier didn't save the day, the bolt cutters did. But here's the thing-- if I had not been working on the land cruiser just today, and coincidentally using the bolt cutters on it, they would have been locked away in the tool shed! We're actually very lucky-- I'm very good about putting tools away when I'm done. But it was so hot today, when I was cleaning up, I just figured "it won't hurt to leave the bolt cutters in the truck just this once...."

She says she will never yell at me again for working on the cruiser all weekend...

I'll believe that when I see it.

Steve

2. calamaridog

calamaridog

You work on your Cruiser with bolt cutters?

3. PolterGeist

PolterGeist

Yeah-- like when the PO "fixed" the broken motor mount by wrapping and welding a big hunk of chain around it...

Yeah-- this guy was a little welder-happy. Welded the bumpers onto the frame, in fact.

Steve

4. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

where 'd you bury the guest?

5. calamaridog

calamaridog

Steve,

That was what the PO meant when he said "custom":D

Sounds like you need a plasma cutter too...

6. bkfj40

bkfj40 SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    ah....rockford.....lived there for 17 years.....never plan to go back... :)

bk

7. PolterGeist

PolterGeist

I could really use one, yes. But the cheapest I could fine one was $1000 at the farm supply store... That's front and rear lockers!

I guess I'll just have to hack away at stuff with grinders, aviation snips, bolt cutters.....

Steve

8. 2badfjs

2badfjs

why not,
    clemson uses an axe!!!! :eek:

9. 2badfjs

2badfjs

i lived in sycamore/dekalb for 18 yrs

10. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Run up against those chains on the job once in a while .. the cheap ones have one unfinished link. You can usually just slip your blade into that one thru the interrupted link and quietly pry it apart ... then slip the other link out of it ;)

And then theres just opening the door so the chain is taunt and then shouldering it open ballistically.

Hanger .. ?

Bullhorn ?

:D

TY

PS: Seriously though, what did you say to the guy the next day?

11. mabrodis

mabrodis

That disturbs me that TY is so versed with breaking and entering, or as they call it in Canada "What are you do'n in here, eh?" :D

He should have just rammed the frontdoor with the Cruiser, then the Cruiser really would have saved the day.. :D

12. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Mark, I'm a really sweet guy.. trust me! :flipoff2:

As far as stuff in the cruiser, you have your hi jacks .. bye bye dead bolt - pop!

And that whole "Whatcha doin in there eh?" is more of a Minnesota thang, I think. If Fargo was any indication .. :D

TY

13. mabrodis

mabrodis

I don't know, all the times I've been through Canada (to/from Alaska) I've heard alot of "How ya do'n aaaa?" :D Oh and also I think I looooooove (especially after driving non-stop from CO to somewhere in Canada) the fact that in Canada women drive construction equipment, it happens in the US, but it's rare and it's always some butch ones here, but in Canada they are seriously good looking. And the flag-girls (ones that hold the "Stop" (Canadian for "stop") sign and you chat (flirt) with...really good looking girls, like 19, tight construction top on, you swear it's fake, like a hidden camera show or something, but no, these are really construction workers...nice!! Oh and girls seem to 'develop' earler in Canada than in the US...

That is all...

:D

14. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    Brodis, you really need to get a hooker.

15. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

I'm faxing this to the customs guys around the country. Don't expect to be getting back in any time soon, ya perv. :flipoff2:

But you're right about the road crew gals ... :grinpimp: :bounce:

"Hey listen, mind if I check my oil level over here ..... Damn! ----------- You think your hand is small enough to reach down into the bay and grab that dipstick? *stepping well back for a moment* :eek: :eek: :D

TY

16. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

I think the Cheerleader Thread will have to step aside when Mabrodis starts a "Girls Who Operate Heavy Equipment Up North" thread...

17. Jman

Jman

I was driving in Canada just last week--sure enough, saw a honey on the roadside inspecting the undercarriage of her big rig and managed to be first in line at the "Stop" sign, TWICE!, with a cutey just standing there smiling :) . . . with my wife and kids in the car. :frown: Ahh, well. I was driving the Subaru, anyway. :rolleyes:

18. mabrodis

mabrodis

Hmm...now there's a great idea for a calendar! :D

19. mabrodis

mabrodis

LOL!! Hey, I made those observations back when I was in highschool...ok not really, I was in college, but just a casual observation, spured from spending every waking and sleeping moment trapped in a van with 6 other guys, then coming upon a blissful mirage of hotness, only to realize she was far younger than we suspected, we challenged, but the braces didn't lie.. :D

20. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

*handing you a spade ..... *

:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.